Subscribe Pages for Dummies

Solutions for other phpList version 2 users
Forum rules
Please do not ask questions here, this is for Solutions you have discovered or come across.

Subscribe Pages for Dummies

Postby stuartb23 » 2:24am, Thu 21 Sep, 2006

Please forgive my dumb ignorance... I've spent the last hour pouring over the forums and documentation, and I'm sure I'm missing something obvious.

I have established the preferences in the 'Create multiple subscribe pages' section, yet I cannot work out how I then get phplist to generate the code for those pages?

I'm assuming phplist generates code that I paste into an HTML document and upload to my server via FTP, or is this all wrong?

I'm also confused as to how this corresponds to "URL where users can subscribe" in the Configuration setup.

If it's just a case of directing me to the right place, then you have my thanks and apologies for not finding it in the first place!
stuartb23
phpList newbie

Re: Subscriber Pages For Dummies

Postby H2B2 » 2:53am, Thu 21 Sep, 2006

stuartb23 wrote:I have established the preferences in the 'Create multiple subscribe pages' section, yet I cannot work out how I then get phplist to generate the code for those pages?
PHPlist will generate these subscribe pages each time a visitor clicks on a link that triggers this generation process, for instance:
- http://www.yoursite.com/lists/ will load all "activated" subscribe pages you configured.
- http://www.yourdomain.com/lists/?p=subscribe&id=1 will just load the subscribe page with ID-nr 1
So, just place one of these links on your site, and when a visitor clicks it, the subscribe pages will load...

stuartb23 wrote:I'm assuming phplist generates code that I paste into an HTML document and upload to my server via FTP, or is this all wrong?
Yes, that is possible too. This method will make it easier to customize the subscribe page to the look and feel of your site, or you can just place the subscribe form on an existing webpage. See Put a subscribe form on one of my pages for an example of how you could do this.
H2B2

Postby stuartb23 » 7:12am, Thu 21 Sep, 2006

Thanks for your help, much appreciated!
stuartb23
phpList newbie

Postby trevors » 1:26pm, Wed 07 Mar, 2007

Can I "plug in" some implicit attributes using multiple subscribe forms?

I'm thinking of having two links from my site:

1) Subscribe to keep informed
2) Subscribe and volunteer.

Subscribe form #2 would set my db attribute "Volunteer" to true.

(I realize I could put the attribute only on the second form and default it to checked. But I'd like to hide it. It's implicitly checked because the user chose that form.)

Thanks
trevors
PL Nut

Return to Answers, Howtos, Tips & Tricks