[mod] How to copy a message

3rd party code for phpList

Postby Guest » 6:21pm, Wed 10 Sep, 2008

This is a great mod
but you may want to include the phplist variable $table_prefix so non-standard installs don't have problems. thanks again
Code: Select all
if (isset($_GET['duplicate'])) {
  $result = Sql_query("insert into ".$table_prefix."message (id,subject,fromfield,tofield,replyto,message,textmessage,footer,entered,modified,embargo,repeatuntil,status,htmlformatted,sendformat,template,owner) select NULL,subject,fromfield,tofield,replyto,message,textmessage,footer,now(),now(),now(),now(),'draft',htmlformatted,sendformat,template,owner from ".$table_prefix."message where id=".intval($_GET['duplicate']));
}

But HOW do you install it?

Postby kyleknapp » 5:59pm, Thu 25 Sep, 2008

Okay, I've been hoping for a feature like this for as long as I've been using PHPList. Yay!

Now, PLEASE! Can someone explain how to install the patch???

I'm guessing the lines that look like
Code: Select all
@@ -269,7 +276,8 @@

are some kind of notation explaining how to position the code segments within the messages.php file, but they don't make any sense to me.

Anybody help?
kyleknapp
PL Geek

Postby kyleknapp » 4:43pm, Thu 02 Oct, 2008

nudge....
kyleknapp
PL Geek

Postby Guest » 9:04pm, Mon 06 Oct, 2008

Yes - it's not clear how to install this patch - just paste it to the bottom of messages.php?

Postby rolan » 3:14pm, Thu 16 Oct, 2008

I have uploaded the patch and an already patched version 2.10.5 of messages.php to

http://www.omnistep.com/phplist/

You can go there to download it.

I would attach it to this message but the forum seems to be having problems accepting zip and tgz files.

~Rolan
rolan
phpList newbie

Postby kyleknapp » 9:42pm, Wed 12 Nov, 2008

It works!

I'm using PHPlist 2.10.5, so I just replaced messages.php from the ZIP file and ta-da! Thanks Rolan!

I still don't understand how the patch file works, though. And I'm guessing I'll need it next time I upgrade.:? Maybe if I open messages.php, both patched and uppatched versions, in my text editor, I can compare them and figure out where the patched lines of code go...
kyleknapp
PL Geek

will this work in 2.10.8?

Postby mckeephoto » 2:58pm, Mon 02 Feb, 2009

I can't seem to get this to work in 2.10.8. I am copying and pasting and removing the stuff between the @@ @@ and the s% and +.

Or is that stuff important. No one mentioned how to do the patch itself and I am a bit of a newbie to php.

But, I guess, first of all, will it work with 2.10.8?
mckeephoto
PL Nut

Postby kyleknapp » 3:21pm, Mon 02 Feb, 2009

Ditto that. I'm still using 2.10.5, and don't dare upgrade.

C'mon, guys - I REALLY appreciate your expertise and hard work (thanks Rolan for offering this mod), BUT can't someone just take a few minutes to explain to us HOW to install the patch? :?
kyleknapp
PL Geek

Re: [mod] How to copy a message

Postby houseofcakes » 7:10pm, Thu 25 Jun, 2009

Hi,
I was looking for instructions myself and true to php programmer style, they won't/don't tell you (my brother just pulled the same thing on me. . . not fair! :P), because who told them the answers when they were learning?

Unfortunately, not all of us have the programmer's mind :(

Rather than give you the answer and face the wrath. . . I will post a "clue."

I *think* I figured it out reading this: http://docs.phplist.com/HowtoSubmitAPatch

I ran it local on my machine and then uploaded the patched version as I didn't trust myself to run it via SSH.

It worked for me for 2.10.8

This is a GREAT patch! GREAT. Did I say GREAT?
*pats self on back for job well done*
houseofcakes
PL Nut

Instructions to install on 2.11.5

Postby solmar » 7:09pm, Sun 09 Dec, 2012

I have adapted the old Flug's code for version 2.11.5. A link to "duplicate this message" is something one expects to find in the standard interface, so I hope it will be included in the core functions of Phplist.

In admin/messages.php...

1) Find at about line 90:

print "<hr /><br />\n";
}

Add immediately after:

if (isset($_GET['duplicate'])) {
$result = Sql_query("insert into phplist_message (id,subject,fromfield,tofield,replyto,message,textmessage,footer,entered,modified,embargo,repeatuntil,status,htmlformatted,sendformat,template,owner) select NULL,subject,fromfield,tofield,replyto,message,textmessage,footer,now(),now(),now(),now(),'draft',htmlformatted,sendformat,template,owner from phplist_message where id=".intval($_GET['duplicate']));
}

If you have put the code in the right position, the next lines are:

if (isset($_GET['resend'])) {
$resend = sprintf('%d',$_GET['resend']);

2) At about line 330 update the following code

if ($msg['status'] == 'inprocess') {
$statusdiv .= '<br/>'.
PageLink2('messages&suspend='.$msg['id'],$GLOBALS['I18N']->get('Suspend Sending'));

...and make it as follows:

if ($msg['status'] == 'inprocess' || $msg['status'] == 'submitted') {
$statusdiv .= '<br/>'.
PageLink2('messages&suspend='.$msg['id'],$GLOBALS['I18N']->get('Suspend Sending'));

3) At about line 360 update the following code

## only draft messages should be deletable, the rest isn't
$deletelink = sprintf('<a href="javascript:deleteRec(\'%s\');">'.$GLOBALS['I18N']->get("delete").'</a>',
PageURL2("messages$url_keep","","delete=".$msg["id"]));

...as follows:

## only draft messages should be deletable, the rest isn't
$deletelink = sprintf('<a href="javascript:deleteRec(\'%s\');">'.$GLOBALS['I18N']->get("delete").'</a><br />%s',
PageURL2("messages$url_keep","","delete=".$msg["id"]), PageLink2("messages",'Duplicate','type=draft&duplicate='.$msg["id"]));
solmar
PL Nut

Previous

Return to Contributions: Plug-ins, Add-ons, Mods