[plugin] WP-PHPList 2.10.10 - Seamless Wordpress Integration

3rd party code for phpList

[plugin] WP-PHPList 2.10.10 - Seamless Wordpress Integration

Postby funkypenguin » 8:10am, Thu 25 Jun, 2009

I've released WP-PHPList 2.10.10, my Wordpress / PHPList integration plugin. It includes:

- Compatibility with the latest PHPList (2.10.10) - obviously, and Wordpress 2.0+
- PHPList can now be installed anywhere relative to Wordpress (no longer forced to be wordpress/lists)
- Options page includes extra functions for default subscribe page, Wordpress page title, and better permalink structure

There's a detailed tutorial here
funkypenguin
PL Nut

Re: [plugin] WP-PHPList 2.10.10 - Seamless Wordpress Integration

Postby kcfried » 6:26pm, Tue 18 Aug, 2009

Fantastic, thanks!
kcfried
phpLister

Postby Dean Saliba » 10:17pm, Tue 22 Dec, 2009

It is worth pointing out that there are a lot of people complaining on the author's blog about this plugin not working. An error message of "You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page."

Someone (not the author, the author has refused to reply to any of the comments) has posted a fix but this only seems to help random people.
Dean Saliba
phpList newbie

Postby jurij » 8:05pm, Wed 07 Apr, 2010

For me do not work on wp 2.9.2.
I get error: "You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page."
Can this be solved somehow David?

Thank you, Jurij
jurij
phpLister

Postby stretchit » 12:45pm, Wed 02 Jun, 2010

Awesome, I am going to have to give this a try, just transferred site to a wordpress plugin and needed a way to keep my phplist
stretchit
phpList newbie

Postby jsp1983 » 12:27pm, Fri 02 Jul, 2010

Can anybody else find this? The author's site doesn't appear to be working.
jsp1983
phpLister

Postby H2B2 » 10:05am, Sat 03 Jul, 2010

jsp1983 wrote:The author's site doesn't appear to be working.

Can confirm that. Let's hope the site will be back online soon.

As an alternative you could take a look at another plugin:
Wordpress Plugin: PHPList Form Integration
H2B2

Postby mrmckoy » 7:30pm, Fri 10 Sep, 2010

H2B2 wrote:
jsp1983 wrote:The author's site doesn't appear to be working.

Can confirm that. Let's hope the site will be back online soon.[/url]

The site seems to be back up and with an updated with a patch for phplist 2.10.10. I really need to know if it is compatible with phplist 2.10.12 and wordpress 3.01?

http://www.funkypenguin.info/project/wp-phplist/
Last edited by mrmckoy on 5:52pm, Thu 23 Sep, 2010, edited 1 time in total.
mrmckoy
PL Master

Postby GazOutEast » 3:40pm, Thu 23 Sep, 2010

From the OP's link -

Written July 25, 2008 in Projects

So it's hardly going to be compatible with any WordPress later than 2.7 (when the really big round of code changes happened inside WP) let alone with WP 3.0+

My Opinion - swerve on this one and make sure you have something that works with the latest WordPress (phpLIST code and functions are positively glacial in their speed of change compared to WordPress)
If it's fixed, I can break it
GazOutEast
PL Geek

Postby mrmckoy » 5:51pm, Thu 23 Sep, 2010

GazOutEast wrote:From the OP's link -

Written July 25, 2008 in Projects

So it's hardly going to be compatible with any WordPress later than 2.7 (when the really big round of code changes happened inside WP) let alone with WP 3.0+

My Opinion - swerve on this one and make sure you have something that works with the latest WordPress (phpLIST code and functions are positively glacial in their speed of change compared to WordPress)

Question... phplist is massive and wordpress is massive. Would you know how to fix this code? :)
mrmckoy
PL Master

Postby GazOutEast » 8:00pm, Thu 23 Sep, 2010

At McCoy

You're missing the point here - the connection plugin that goes into WordPress is quite small and has to call WordPress internal functions and hooks, then report back to the phpLIST API

phpLIST barely changes from version to version and although there were a couple of rapid-fire releases earlier this year, it has a habit of standing still for a long time.

WordPress is in constant flux, and the changes issued in WP 3.0 in June (followed by the bug fix release in July (with another one imminent)) were massive - they were basically a complete rewrite of very large parts of WordPress - did you see their deprecated / replaced / renamed functions list? It completely trashed several of my sites and I'm only just catching up with those now - I haven't even started on adding the new functions where they can be used.

That's why I say, get a plugin that works with WordPress FIRST, then worry about updating it for any changes in phpLIST.
WordPress is a moving target, phpLIST is the proverbial barn door.

EDIT - Oh c'mon phpLIST moderators - since when is the word up-dat-ing (no hyphens) a word that needs spam filtering?
Get a grip. :roll:
GazOutEast
PL Geek

Postby mrmckoy » 10:14pm, Thu 23 Sep, 2010

^^^ I think you missed my point as well.

Obviously the pluggin needs to be updated for wordpress' new database structure. i get that. i asked if you could fix whats broken.
mrmckoy
PL Master

Postby GazOutEast » 7:57am, Fri 01 Oct, 2010

Ah right - sorry - misread what you were intimating

Dunno right now - I'm looking at it.

If phpLIST were to update to this century and go tableless in favour of <div> based layout, then yes, and probably quite quickly because I wouldn't have to be constantly figuring out which row and column of which table the code had to operate on and in. But as it stands, I'll likely need another month of Sundays before I even understand what phpLIST is trying to do where.

Right now, I'm rapidly approaching the point of forking phpLIST and as a first step migrating it to tableless layup with complete separation of form and function a-la-WordPress structure. That should make it fast and painless to perform full integration with WordPress - not just on the presentation side, but also on the functions and hooks side too.

Having spent the last week rooting around under phpLIST's hood, I only have two recommendations for v3.x
- make it fully tableless and modern design compliant
- segregate admin, functions, and styles completely, allowing for independent theme designers to come on board - that's one of the key things that made WordPress so popular - the ease of theme building and implementation.

As it stands right now, phpLIST feels like Henry Ford's personal vision of a Lamborghini - way too much 1990's html table structure, and not enough full modularisation of the script as a whole. It's like running a Testarossa in a Model-T body with no digital controllers for the fuel and ignition systems.

Sorry Michiel, but you really need to get to grips with dragging the script out of 2002 coding standards and into 2010 standards.
GazOutEast
PL Geek

Postby mrmckoy » 9:22pm, Sat 20 Nov, 2010

My phplist plugin is working fine on our wordpress site. The only issue is that we can't seem to get the daily RSS feed scheduler to work consistently. But that is a separate issue.

Integration with wordpress was easy. The only really difficult thing is automating signups... especially because wordpress changes lot (like you said).... But a embeding phplist signups in a widget works perfectly.

take a look if you like and sign up if you want.

http://hairwegoproducts.com
mrmckoy
PL Master

Postby jonpatterns » 7:25pm, Tue 21 Dec, 2010

I'm using the WP PHPList plugin and have updated Wordpress.

The Subscription function to subscribe is broken and has stop working.

Not sure if this is because plugin is incompatible with 3.03 or I have broken the settings somewhere.

I can add users if I login to PHPList, but not via the plugin.

Is their a way to test what is being sent to PHPList?

PS the site is http://www.transitionff.co.uk
jonpatterns
phpList newbie

Next

Return to Contributions: Plug-ins, Add-ons, Mods