[plugin] User Details

3rd party code for phpList

[plugin] User Details

Postby duncanc » 12:48pm, Sat 18 Jun, 2011

This plugin shows the attributes for each user. It is similar to the Extended View plugin, which I had some problems installing and with its initial view.
Using the plugin you can:
  • search for users matching an attribute value
  • search for users who belong to a specific list
  • search for users who are unconfirmed or are blacklisted
  • choose which attributes to display
  • page through the results, and change the number of results shown
  • download results as a csv file
ScreenShot008.gif
ScreenShot008.gif (9.72 KiB) Viewed 10242 times

Installation
There are separate versions of the plugin for phplist 2.10.x and phplist 3.x.

For phplist 3.x see the GitHub page https://github.com/bramley/phplist-plugin-subscribers

For phplist 2.10.x see this topic for the plugin files that need to be downloaded and installation instructions http://forums.phplist.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=37421

Requires php version 5.2 or later

2012-12-10 - this plugin has been combined with the User History and User Subscriptions plugins into a single plugin, Users.

2012-02-02 - added display of icons showing user's unconfirmed and blacklisted status, and selection of unconfirmed and blacklisted users. This release requires the latest release of CommonPlugin to be installed.

2011-12-29 - Added user selection by which list they belong to.
Displays the user attributes in the order specified on the Configure Attributes page by the "Order of Listing" field. The checkboxes will be displayed in the correct order straightaway, but you need to click the Show button for the listing columns to be displayed in the correct order.
duncanc

Re: [plugin] User Details

Postby duncanc » 7:50am, Wed 07 Sep, 2011

A new version of the User Details plugin is attached to the first post of this topic. This version has some internal changes to be compatible with the latest CommonPlugin.
duncanc

Postby duncanc » 6:50pm, Fri 11 Nov, 2011

A new version of the User Details plugin is attached to the first post of this topic.
This version includes
  • translation into French and German
  • help text
  • internal changes to be compatible with the latest CommonPlugin
duncanc

Postby brab » 9:48pm, Tue 27 Dec, 2011

Is there a way to order the attributes differently using this plugin? Since it uses the attribute id my attributes show as first name, home phone, cell phone, last name, instead of first name, last name, home phone, cell phone.
brab
phpList newbie

Postby duncanc » 10:26pm, Tue 27 Dec, 2011

That's a good point. On the Configure Attributes page you can specify the order in which you want the attributes displayed, so I'll have a look to see what is involved to order by that instead of by attribute id.
duncanc

Postby duncanc » 4:23pm, Thu 29 Dec, 2011

I have created a new version of the plugin that displays the user attributes in the order specified on the Configure Attributes page. See the first post of this topic for more details and where to download from.
duncanc

Postby brab » 3:53am, Fri 30 Dec, 2011

That was fast...
The plugin works great
Thanks for all your work on this
brab
phpList newbie

Postby duncanc » 5:39pm, Thu 02 Feb, 2012

A new release of the plugin shows unconfirmed and blacklisted status icons, and allow you to select only unconfirmed or only blacklisted users. See the first post of the topic for how to download.
duncanc

Postby duncanc » 11:06am, Thu 22 Mar, 2012

There is a new release of the plugin to work with the latest CommonPlugin, both version 20120322. The CommonPlugin now provides buttons to display phpinfo results and display the config.php file.

See the first post of this topic for how to download and install.
duncanc

household subscribers

Postby johntrot » 3:22am, Thu 05 Apr, 2012

I am using 2.10.18 and have been using phplist for 7 years. I also have been using your "user details" plugin for a few months and I want to say, "Thank You" for this plugin. It is great.

I have a small newsletter of 2,300 plus individuals. Approximately 1/3 of them are from the same mailing address... is there a way to household these lists based on user defined criteria and send to the [FIRST] & [FIRST] from each subscriber. This would consolidate some emails when I send to a specific list and allow separate emails when necessary.
John B
johntrot
PL Geek

Postby duncanc » 8:17am, Fri 06 Apr, 2012

Thanks for the feedback on the plugin.

phplist doesn't support the combining of users and attributes that you describe, and it would be a very complex change to make to the message sending process.

One idea you might try is to add two new attributes - one to indicate whether the user is the primary or secondary person at the address attribute, and the second to hold a combined name (such as 'John and Mary') when the user is the primary. You can then use the criteria tab when sending a message to select only the primary users.

You could populate these attributes by exporting users to a spreadsheet and then manipulating the rows, but you'd need to be reasonably competent at using formulas.
duncanc

Postby johntrot » 1:39pm, Fri 06 Apr, 2012

Good suggestion... time-consuming in the beginning, but a life saver in the long run.
John B
johntrot
PL Geek

Postby treadyroc » 2:13pm, Wed 20 Jun, 2012

Thanks for the plugin - it allowed us to stick with PHPList instead of researching & moving to another solution. So, thanks again.

Question: would it be possible to enable the ability to search on multiple terms? I.e. combining two search boxes in the plugin interface with AND or OR?

We'd like to be able to combine searches to find users with multiple attributes in common. Sorry if I'm not making myself clear...
treadyroc
phpList newbie

Postby duncanc » 3:01am, Thu 21 Jun, 2012

Thanks for the feedback on the plugin.

Your suggestion about filtering on multiple attributes is probably a bit too lengthy to develop. If I could pick-up and use the attribute selection from the Criteria tab when composing a message, that would be great, but unfortunately phplist doesn't have a reusable framework.

You might already be doing this, but I would download the users to a spreadsheet and use the filtering functions there.
duncanc

Postby duncanc » 10:42am, Thu 09 Aug, 2012

A new release of the plugin with a few minor changes:
  • added a column to show whether each user should be sent HTML format messages
  • added German translation of text in UTF-8 format. This requires the latest CommonPlugin to be installed.

See the first post of this topics for how to download and install.
duncanc

Next

Return to Contributions: Plug-ins, Add-ons, Mods