I have created a mod for phplist that should work with most versions, Even though the doc is large, please don't be discouraged, it's simple to mod your phplist install to make it work.
NOTE: This is NOT a repeater. You define a list of messages a user should receive an X number of hours or days from when they sign up and they receive them on queue.
Usage is simple
- Click 'edit' on the list of your choice on the "subscriber lists" page. (/admin/?page=list)
- Scroll to the bottom - Click 'configure' beside the "Autoresponder Features" text
- You can send the emails within x hours or x days or signup. Queue "unlimited" messages
- Add more with the "+ Add Another" link at the bottom of the list.
- FYI: 1-hour = less than 1 hour - it gets picked up in the next hourly queue - if you want it at LEAST an hour later, set it to 2 hours
- Follow instructions in attached ODT file - You only have to modify 2 files!
- Copy ar.php (attached) to the root folder of phplist
- Inside ar.php set a secret random value for _RUN_KEY (Line 4)
- If you want a report email to be dispatched to you every time the cron job runs, set value for ADMIN_REPORT_EMAIL (Report includes itemized mailout list with list ID and email title
- _DEBUG = false or true (if _DEBUG it will modify the query a little and send to ADMIN_REPORT_EMAIL instead of the actual user)
- Set cronjobs to run as noted below (replace values in CAPS)
- Code: Select all
# daily job
0 12 * * * wget http://www.YOURDOMAIN.com/lists/?p=ar\&key=YOUR_RUN_KEY > /dev/null 2>&1
# hourly job
30 * * * * wget http://www.YOURDOMAIN.com/lists/?p=arh\&key=YOUR_RUN_KEY > /dev/null 2>&1
Questions? Ask them here so they can be useful to others.