[mod] Proper Sequential "Autoresponder" - x-Hours and x-Days

3rd party code for phpList

Re: [mod] Proper Sequential "Autoresponder" - x-Hours and x-

Postby yama » 12:23am, Mon 10 Sep, 2012

I got the autoresponder to work by editing two of the queries in ar.php:
Find l.entered and replace this with u.entered

This will tell the queries to look for the date the user was entered into a list, instead of looking for the date the list was created.

Hope that helps!! And thanks for the great mod. I've been looking for this for 2 yrs! :D
yama
phpList newbie

Postby jotaro » 11:28am, Mon 29 Oct, 2012

hello. i've the script installed and it's work.
but...
there is a problem when one user, already registered, move to a list to another one.
example:
i have 2 list: A and B.
with this autorestponder message
A: day 1,3,5,7,9,11
B: day 2,4,8,10
the user sign up on list A in the day 0.
after 5 days he receive message 1,3,5 from list A.

now he sign up to the list B too.
after some days, he receive only the message 8 and 10.. the messagge 2,4 from list B are skipped.

this becouse the script count the days pass from difference Today - "day of first signup" and not today - "day of sign up in this list".

sorry 4 english and explanation,
let me know if u have already fixed this bug.

thank u in advance!
jotaro
phpList newbie

Postby jotaro » 3:26pm, Mon 29 Oct, 2012

FIXED i add this line to ar.php

Code: Select all
$rup=@Sql_Query("UPDATE `phplist_listuser` SET entered='$today 00:00:00' WHERE entered is null");
jotaro
phpList newbie

Postby wkriski » 2:01am, Mon 17 Dec, 2012

Thanks for this plugin! Should the cron command have the directory of phplist as well? - I don't understand how www.domainname.com/lists... works as this isn't where my phplist is installed and insn't a php file/url or anything.

Will
wkriski
phpLister

Postby Dragonrider » 9:15am, Mon 17 Dec, 2012

wkriski wrote:Thanks for this plugin! Should the cron command have the directory of phplist as well? - I don't understand how www.domainname.com/lists... works as this isn't where my phplist is installed and insn't a php file/url or anything.

Will

You would substitute domainname etc with YOUR domain name and correct path to your phplist files
My sites:- http://wharfedalefestival.co.uk, http://ilkleygardeners.org.uk, http://emergencyaid.net, http://dragonrider.co.uk
Latest phpList version is now 3.0.12 (3 February 2015) and requires a minimum of MySQL 5.0 and PHP 5.3.x
Dragonrider

Postby wkriski » 2:25pm, Mon 17 Dec, 2012

Any suggestions on how to debug this cron issue and/or php on hostgator? Nothing is happening with the cron. I also fixed a supposed bug in the 'i vs u' object so that the date diff is from the user signing up not the date the list was created. There were some changes to make after reading through the discussion history.

I found this thread but the cron command is totally different from what was in the docs. viewtopic.php?f=24&t=12367&start=0

Thanks!

UPDATE: got it to work!
I got it to work using the documented cron command

The problem was the backslash after p=arh and you need quotes around full URL due to ampersand, and I also need the path to the phplist directory if not in root dir.
wkriski
phpLister

Postby bfcam » 5:46pm, Sat 09 Feb, 2013

After trying this solution and having it fail, I developed by own hack-free autoresponder plugin. it installs as a simple phplist plugin and there are no phplist hacks required--just unpackage and go. It's also free and licensed GPLv3.

I posted a thread here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=38786

And more information (including the download) is available on my site here: http://brightflock.com/phplist-autoresponder
bfcam
phpList newbie

Postby john3825 » 11:54am, Fri 19 Apr, 2013

I can't install the plugin on my server. They key value for the random number is not accepting and got errors. Please tell me how to fix that.
john3825
phpLister

Postby raisemoney » 10:27pm, Mon 22 Apr, 2013

The default folder for the autoresponder code seems to be /admin/plugins, however, in my install of phplist, my folder structure looks like this:
public_html/lists/admin/plugins
(the addition of the 'lists' folder).

The autoresponder plugin isn't working for me and I'm wondering if I need to change something in the code? Any advice will be most appreciated.
raisemoney
phpList newbie

Postby mustaine » 8:59am, Sun 28 Apr, 2013

crypto2600 wrote:1. This mod can send HTML email. In order for it to work you have to use an "HTML SYSTEM EMAILS" patch to make it send HTML Mail.The mod uses the standard sendMail() function.

I can't get the html to work.

I have installed this mod, and everything is working perfectly except sending html emails. It sends it in text format. When I open up my email message, all the code is showing because the email is in plain text format.

Any help with this issue is greatly appreciated.
mustaine
phpList newbie

Previous

Return to Contributions: Plug-ins, Add-ons, Mods