[plugin] Autoresponder for phplist 3

3rd party code for phpList

[plugin] Autoresponder for phplist 3

Postby duncanc » 12:06pm, Fri 01 Nov, 2013

I have converted the autoresponder plugin to work with phplist 3. It is available on GitHub https://github.com/bramley/phplist-plugin-autoresponder.

See this topic for details of the original plugin for phplist 2.10.x http://forums.phplist.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=38786

I haven't yet revised the original documentation so some of it might be confusing but the plugin should install cleanly without the need for any code changes. Also there are no restrictions on the directory where phplist is installed or the location of the plugin directory.

Post any problems or comments on this topic rather than the topic for the original plugin.
duncanc

Re: [plugin] Autoresponder for phplist 3

Postby JerryHiggins » 3:06pm, Sun 03 Nov, 2013

Thanks for updating this plugin Duncan, much appreciated!

I'm still having no luck at all getting this plugin to work with 3.0.5. It installs fine and the saved drafts get configured as autoreponders, but.... they won't send out, either when I call for them manually or through my cron job. (cron job has been triple checked and is working).

If anyone has any ideas for me, that would be awesome. Maybe I'm missing something simple.
JerryHiggins
phpList newbie

Postby duncanc » 5:23pm, Sun 03 Nov, 2013

The autoresponder doesn't actually send the message. It just queues the message to the appropriate set of users. You then still have to run process queue.

That might not be entirely clear from the original documentation.
duncanc

Postby jurij » 7:28am, Wed 11 Dec, 2013

duncanc wrote:The autoresponder doesn't actually send the message. It just queues the message to the appropriate set of users. You then still have to run process queue.

That might not be entirely clear from the original documentation.

Exactly. But When I ran Queue, all AR messages are delivered at once, regardless schedule settings. What did I miss?

Thanks for the plugin!
jurij
phpLister

Postby jurij » 7:36am, Wed 11 Dec, 2013

When you setup Cron will that actually proces Queue automatically or we have still to login and manually hit Queue command?
I need some clarification on this, please. From what I have read and from my experience is not so obvious that this can be run fully handsfree any more.

Thanks.
jurij
phpLister

Postby duncanc » 8:41am, Wed 11 Dec, 2013

What do you mean by
all AR messages are delivered at once, regardless schedule settings

Did you clear the checkbox "Only send to new users" when creating the autoresponder? In that case the message will be sent to all existing list members. If you leave it checked then it will be sent only to new members after they subscribe.

You can automate this by having a cron job to run the plugin's process page periodically, and another cron job to run the phplist processqueue page. The frequency of each of the cron jobs will affect how long after subscribing a new user will actually be sent the message.
duncanc

Postby rata » 1:09pm, Thu 12 Dec, 2013

Thanks for the plugin! =)
rata
phpList newbie

Postby Apra » 3:52pm, Wed 01 Jan, 2014

Hi,

Thanks for the plugin. I'm having an issue setting up the opt-in page. I simply don't know where to find the html code that I can use on the webpage. Maybe this is too obvious for others but I haven't used phplist and couldn't find it anywhere. Please help me.

Thank you!
Apra
phpList newbie

Postby duncanc » 4:06pm, Wed 01 Jan, 2014

Sorry but I don't understand what you are referring to. Unless it is a problem with the autoresponder plugin you should start a new topic, after searching the forum for a solution.
duncanc

Postby Apra » 5:01pm, Thu 02 Jan, 2014

A) I've enabled the plugin:
http://screencast.com/t/6khyDdcAi
B) I've created some campaigns and saved them as draft and assigned them to a list:
http://screencast.com/t/dEGPjEE1
C) When I go to Campaigns -> Autoresponder page, I don't see the draft messages to set up:
http://screencast.com/t/JRPJyq3Nui

Did I miss some step? Please let me know.

Thanks!
Apra
phpList newbie

Postby duncanc » 5:16pm, Thu 02 Jan, 2014

The plugin hasn't installed correctly, due to a bug in phplist https://mantis.phplist.com/view.php?id=16865. You will need to install it manually then it should work.
duncanc

Postby RegionXX » 3:03am, Mon 24 Mar, 2014

How to make a chain of messages in the one autoresponder?
For example, after subscribing to a mailing list subscriber receives:
Letter 1 - immediately
Letter 2 - the next day
Letter 3 - on the third day.
Letter 4 ... etc
RegionXX
phpList newbie

Postby duncanc » 7:37am, Mon 24 Mar, 2014

The plugin doesn't work in that way. You will need to create one autoresponder for each message.
duncanc

Postby matthewebel » 6:34pm, Mon 25 Aug, 2014

It looks like the plugin will only function based on when a user is subscribed to the list.

Given that phpList can use a standardized Date as an Attribute, could you modify the plugin to send a given message after a given delay from a given date attribute?

For example, if my mailing list lets a user select when they first saw me perform in concert, I could send them an anniversary message a year later… not a year after they signed up, but a year after a specific date.
matthewebel
phpList newbie

Postby matthewebel » 6:56pm, Mon 25 Aug, 2014

(…and, of course, if a user or admin changes the date in that field, it'd have to reset the clock, of course. ;) )
matthewebel
phpList newbie

Next

Return to Contributions: Plug-ins, Add-ons, Mods