[plugin] Autoresponder for phplist 3

3rd party code for phpList

Re: [plugin] Autoresponder for phplist 3

Postby riyaz » 11:58pm, Sun 16 Nov, 2014

Hi, I have the autoresponder working, but it only works when I send the queue manually, which means that my cron is not working properly.

This is the command I'm using:
php /home/www/public_html/list/admin/index.php -m Autoresponder -p process -c /home/www/public_html/list/config/config.php

Can you please check if I have everything correct? Im not sure why it'snot working.

Thanks in advance! :)
riyaz
phpList newbie

Postby duncanc » 9:21am, Mon 17 Nov, 2014

Is the path correct? Should it include a username somewhere?
Code: Select all
/home/xxxx/www/...

But you should capture the output of the cron job to a file using something like this:

php /home/www/public_html/list/admin/index.php -m Autoresponder -p process -c /home/www/public_html/list/config/config.php > ~/autoresponder.log 2>&1

The output should go to the home directory and might help explain what is happening.
duncanc

Postby riyaz » 2:16pm, Mon 17 Nov, 2014

Alright, actually I have replaced the "www" with the username and I am receiving the cron email which is the following:

X-Powered-By: PHP/5.3.28
Set-Cookie: PHPSESSID=bcd8f58ce939864308cdc8bf1c4ad310; path=/
Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT
Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0
Pragma: no-cache
X-UA-Compatible: IE=Edge
X-Robots-Tag: noindex
Content-type: text/html

0 messages processed

So this is the correct path, but still does not process the queue.

php /home/sept11/public_html/list/admin/index.php -m Autoresponder -p process -c /home/sept11/public_html/list/config/config.php

When I append the last part, to write the contents to a file it does not work.

Thanks again.
riyaz
phpList newbie

Postby duncanc » 3:51pm, Mon 17 Nov, 2014

That output shows that you are using php-cgi, so you need to use the second format of cron command that I described on the Github page.
So this is the correct path, but still does not process the queue.

You might also be misunderstanding what the command does. It runs the plugin, which will set to 'submitted' the status of any messages that need to be sent. You still need to separately run the processqueue command, either through the browser or by another cron job.
duncanc

Postby duncanc » 8:03am, Mon 09 Feb, 2015

There is a new release of the autoresponder plugin
  • the plugin's "process" page is now accessed through a menu item, Campaigns > Process autoresponders. The "process" button has been removed from the Manage Autoresponders page.
  • the delay value can be entered directly in addition to selecting from the drop-down list. The value must be a number of minutes, hours, days, weeks or years, but not months.
  • the presentation of the "manage autoresponders" page is now similar to the rest of phplist

See the GitHub page https://github.com/bramley/phplist-plugin-autoresponder for installation instructions.
duncanc

Postby devastor » 6:46pm, Tue 10 Feb, 2015

Hello Duncanc,

thank you for providing the autresponder... I like it very much.

So, just a short question: Could i translate the autoresponder for myself into German (and of course, then also for others)?

Maybe you want to contact me through my sign up email (if you are admin) or just reply/ PM me here. ;-)

Best Regards
Mathias
devastor
PL Nut

Postby duncanc » 7:18am, Fri 13 Feb, 2015

Thanks for the offer to translate the plugin into German. phplist has an approach to providing translations that means the plugin would need to change to avoid using literal text within html. Instead it would need to use php code to translate each piece of text. That is a bit of work but should be straightforward.

Unfortunately at present, phplist doesn't support translating text in a plugin. I have previously raised a bug on this but I don't know when that might be fixed.
duncanc

Postby devastor » 3:59pm, Fri 13 Feb, 2015

Ah hi, i understand.

Could you then provide me with the files, where i can change the messages, link names and function descriptions by myself?

If you know more about the offical way you can still inform me and i will do it.

Best Regards
Mathias
devastor
PL Nut

Postby duncanc » 5:23pm, Fri 13 Feb, 2015

Almost all of the text is in the file admin.tpl.php. You can translate any of the literal English text into German, such as
Select how long to delay before sending the message to new users added to the message lists

But be careful if you update the plugin because the file will be replaced.
duncanc

Previous

Return to Contributions: Plug-ins, Add-ons, Mods