[plugin] TinyMCE editor for phplist 3

3rd party code for phpList

Re: [plugin] TinyMCE editor for phplist 3

Postby duncanc » 9:11am, Tue 15 Jul, 2014

Have you changed the TinyMCE custom configuration settings on the Settings page? If so then I guess that your change is invalid javascript for some reason.
duncanc

Postby RVGAWebmaster » 12:53am, Wed 16 Jul, 2014

I did make a change to the Custom Configuration Settings, but I thought that I had changed it back to the original code. This is what is currently there:
Code: Select all
toolbar: "insertfile undo redo | styleselect | bold italic | alignleft aligncenter alignright alignjustify | bullist numlist | link image",
 plugins: [
 "advlist autolink lists link image charmap print preview anchor",
 "searchreplace visualblocks code fullscreen",
 "insertdatetime media table contextmenu paste"
 ]

Manually deleting and reinstalling TinyMCE doesn't appear to change the code. What is the correct procedure to completely delete and reinstall TinyMCE?

Regards

Steve
RVGAWebmaster
phpLister

Postby duncanc » 7:50am, Wed 16 Jul, 2014

That looks ok, and works after copying/pasting into my phplist, but this line of the web console output refers to the first line of the custom settings - the toolbar line.
SyntaxError: illegal character admin:119

There isn't a way to totally remove a plugin. The settings are held in the config table with item "tinymce_config", so deleting that will make the plugin use its initial values again.

If that doesn't work then you can try the CKEditor plugin instead.
duncanc

Postby RVGAWebmaster » 8:45am, Wed 16 Jul, 2014

Good Morning Duncan

I sincerely appreciate all the assistance you have provided. I will now work with the information you have posted.

Regards

Steve
RVGAWebmaster
phpLister

Postby RVGAWebmaster » 7:25am, Thu 17 Jul, 2014

Hi Duncan
I now have TinyMCE up and running. Disabling TinyMCE in config/plugins and then as you suggested, deleting the TinyMCE entries in the SQL phplist_config table allowed the plugin when enabled through config/plugins to reset the values using the latest version of TinyMCE (4.1.2)

Thank you for your assistance and I now have a good understanding of how phpList manages plugins.

Regards

Steve
RVGAWebmaster
phpLister

Problem with PLACEHOLDERS

Postby Charcolios » 11:47pm, Fri 18 Jul, 2014

Hello, I would like to follow up on this issue that you were having and if others are still affected. I was having this issue until now, when I discovered the fix after digging through all of the threads related to this issue and searching the code many times.

My issue in particular was related to the TinyMCE plugin which is provided here:

https://github.com/bramley/phplist-plugin-tinymce

Whenever I would sent emails to my lists, the scripted URLs contained within the footer would be replaced with invalid link track URLs after sending. The three containers were [FORWARDURL], [PREFERENCESURL], [UNSUBSCRIBEURL]. Prior to sending, when I would View the Source Code for the footer on the Campaign Editor, the invalid link was right there. The links that showed were like this: "http://list.mydomain.com/lists/admin/[FORWARDURL]" which would in turn, result in an invalid generated link track url of "http://list.mydomain.com/lists/admin/{the full urls specified in Settings}", full example "http://list.mydomain.com/lists/adminhttp://list.mydomain.com/lists/?p=unsubscribe".

The reason this happens is due to the default configuration of the TinyMcePlugin.php file, which sets the "relative_urls" directive for the editor. You can see this here:

https://github.com/bramley/phplist-plug ... in.php#L95

To fix this issue, change the above specified line to:

relative_urls: true,

This will result in the correct generation of the URLs in your footer template.

If you use another editor and have this issue, there may be a similar directive that you can configure to have the same result.

Hope this helps many.

-Charcolios
Charcolios
phpList newbie

Postby duncanc » 5:09am, Mon 21 Jul, 2014

The false setting for relative_urls is needed to ensure that links to images selected through elFinder are absolute. Without that setting TinyMCE will use relative links that will not work in an email.

The best way is to avoid this problem by not using the UNSUBSCRIBEURL or similar placeholders in a URL within the body of the message. Instead just use the Footer text area on the Compose tab, which phplist will add to the bottom of the message without it being processed by TinyMCE.

Alternatively, try CKEditor, which is a bit more advanced and does not have this problem. You can use placeholders in a URL created through CKEditor in the body of the message.

If you still do want to change that setting then there is no need to change the plugin code. Simply add the line to the custom configuration settings on the Settings page in phplist.
duncanc

Postby kudykam » 1:33pm, Wed 01 Oct, 2014

Hi, I have problem with ELFinder, it return dialog:
Unable to connect to backend.

In config.php I have:
define("UPLOADIMAGES_DIR","www/_media/news");
which is correct, otherwise tinymce returns error with wrong path.

path to TinyMCE and path to elFinder are also correct.
Do you know whats wrong?
kudykam
phpLister

Previous

Return to Contributions: Plug-ins, Add-ons, Mods