[mod] Confirmation emails in HTML format

3rd party code for phpList

Re: [mod] Confirmation emails in HTML format

Postby AlanGeorge » 9:00am, Tue 07 May, 2013

that would be on the subscribe page and is not the cause of the problem.

I've not made any other mods to my working version that would impact on the puppetmasters original code though I did find that the html message had to appear in the Configure page and the Subscribe page i.e. one of the two would default to text.
So basically I have the confirm message in two places as per my notes.

Alan
AlanGeorge
PL Geek

Postby AlanGeorge » 9:09am, Tue 07 May, 2013

update

had another look at your html message, you also have a second closing </body> tag and your STYLE at the beginning should be declared inline and not in the <head>

I'll try yours and see what happens....

Alan
AlanGeorge
PL Geek

Postby Yuu » 9:07pm, Tue 07 May, 2013

Thank you.
Yuu
phpLister

Postby AlanGeorge » 6:33pm, Wed 08 May, 2013

Sorry that worked as it should. Can you send me a link to the subscribe page so that I can subscribe and then see the message that is sent out....

regards

Alan
AlanGeorge
PL Geek

Postby ozcr » 10:53pm, Wed 15 May, 2013

I can confirm that on Installation 2.10.19 the instructions set out here: http://www.alangeorge-photography.com/listCode_001.php worked a treat.
The only part I was not able to complete was the index.php portion. There were no lines in my code that matched what I was supposed to be looking for. It worked for me anyway, even without that part of it.
I was really only trying to get my confirmation of subscription email to users to appear in html. It works now. I haven't checked any of the other emails, cuz all I'm really looking for is to put together a mailing list for interested parties.
ozcr
phpList newbie

Postby AlanGeorge » 10:42am, Thu 16 May, 2013

Thanks OZCR, though must say the lines to be added to lists/index.php are required and that on rechecking with a default version of 2.10.19 the lines where the hack are to be inserted/replaced do actually exist at line numbers 556, 657 and 131 assuming no other modifications have been made.
AlanGeorge
PL Geek

Previous

Return to Contributions: Plug-ins, Add-ons, Mods