[mod] Sequential Autoresponder

3rd party code for phpList

Postby Crazy Serb » 12:01am, Mon 19 Sep, 2005

Any update on this?
Crazy Serb
phpLister

Postby akaara » 1:18am, Wed 05 Oct, 2005

Just wondering if anyone's heard anything new on this, or if I should start looking for another solution. I'll need a sequential autoresponder by Christmas time, for automated date-specific mailings.

Thanks in advance for any info. :)
akaara
phpList newbie

Postby michiel » 2:44am, Wed 12 Oct, 2005

I'm sorry, I've been snowed under with work (the stuff that I unfortunately have to do as well) and it's been put on hold a little bit. I'm not entirely sure I will manage to get it sorted before a reasonable time before christmas. I'll add some updates once things get started a bit.
michiel
Admin

Postby jmhonline » 4:57pm, Mon 17 Oct, 2005

:( How much more will it take to get this feature added? I would love to take my company the opensource route, but this feature is needed immediately.
jmhonline
phpList newbie

Postby jswilko » 1:29pm, Sat 19 Nov, 2005

Hello,

I am new to PHP List and I am well impressed but would love to see an autoresponder included.

I've read above that an addition should be available before xmas is this still the case?

Cheers
John
jswilko
phpList newbie

autoresponder would really be terrific

Postby newbie9 » 11:01pm, Thu 12 Jan, 2006

Looking forward to a follow up autoresponder. Would really put phplist on a class of its own if it had one. Only really important feature missing.
newbie9
phpList newbie

Postby aarondwyer » 11:38am, Sun 05 Mar, 2006

Just a thought on this that I picked up from the Joomla forum.

What about using the embargo feature and a cron job from a specific php file that checks dates and sends accordingly.?

Of course it would need to just be a choice of days since joining instead of a set day as it is currently.

I haven't used the embargo feature so don't know how it works, but it may be a quick starting point if someone wants to have a crack at coding it.

Aaron
aarondwyer
phpLister

Postby simspeed » 7:07pm, Thu 16 Mar, 2006

Here's a suggestion along those lines that uses cron jobs to call individual messages to the queue and then process the queue on a schedule. Hope this helps. Click Here.
simspeed
PL Nut

Thanks for all the hard work simspeed

Postby spanglish1 » 3:29pm, Fri 17 Mar, 2006

I have been trying to get something going for months on this sequential autoresponder issue. I hope someone who is a little more savvy with the language can help get this feature added. PHPList is almost perfect, but a sequential autoresponder feature is a must.

Just for those who are wanting this feature, I currently have a project posted on elance to try to see if someone will be willing to create a mod for us. I have had a couple of responses so far and currently I have bids to do it at the highest $280 (at the time of writing this).

If I get something, I will try to get the code to this forum.

I would expect some donations if I get this, since this is coming out of my pocket. I'm just tired of waiting for this feature to be added, because I needed it 5 months ago! :D

Let me know what you think.
spanglish1
phpList newbie

Re: Thanks for all the hard work simspeed

Postby rdimaggio » 4:28pm, Fri 17 Mar, 2006

spanglish1 wrote:Just for those who are wanting this feature, I currently have a project posted on elance to try to see if someone will be willing to create a mod for us. I have had a couple of responses so far and currently I have bids to do it at the highest $280 (at the time of writing this).

Let me know what you think.

that is a rediculous price, $50-$75 would be reasonable.
rdimaggio
PL Nut

Postby spanglish1 » 5:35pm, Fri 17 Mar, 2006

I think so too! I'm hoping for better bids or its a no go anyway.
spanglish1
phpList newbie

Postby rdimaggio » 5:40pm, Fri 17 Mar, 2006

You should post this at www.sitepointforums.com in the "Looking to Hire" forum.
rdimaggio
PL Nut

Postby spanglish1 » 6:03pm, Fri 17 Mar, 2006

You should post this at www.sitepointforums.com in the "Looking to Hire" forum.

rdimaggio,

I went to check that out. Are you suggesting that because you have had a successful experience?

If so, tell us about it.

Do you already have a sequential autoresponder mod for PHPList that you have had someone make? If so, share it! :D
spanglish1
phpList newbie

Postby rdimaggio » 6:21pm, Fri 17 Mar, 2006

No, I would like an autoresponder though, I cannot believe it is not built into PhpList already.

I have had great success in getting art/graphics created at Sitepointforums for very cheap.
rdimaggio
PL Nut

Postby spanglish1 » 6:24pm, Fri 17 Mar, 2006

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I hope we can get this soon.
spanglish1
phpList newbie

PreviousNext

Return to Contributions: Plug-ins, Add-ons, Mods