[mod] Sequential Autoresponder

3rd party code for phpList

What's the safest way to install this update

Postby tqsenkungu » 12:17am, Fri 27 Oct, 2006

What's the safest way to install this update.
tqsenkungu
phpLister

Postby goose » 1:44pm, Fri 27 Oct, 2006

Follow the normal setup for PHPList
goose
phpLister

I just want to clarify this add on

Postby Getrichebiz.com » 11:58pm, Fri 27 Oct, 2006

Does this auto responder zip file contain the latest version of PHPList? Sorry if this is a dumb question just need clarification, and you say to follow normal install instructions which leads me to believe that the previous question is redundant. So with the new .zip you have provided, is the auto-responder script built in already? Where can I send a donation for this peice of art?
Getrichebiz.com
phpList newbie

Re: I just want to clarify this add on

Postby Getrichebiz.com » 2:11am, Tue 31 Oct, 2006

Getrichebiz.com wrote:Does this auto responder zip file contain the latest version of PHPList? Sorry if this is a dumb question just need clarification, and you say to follow normal install instructions which leads me to believe that the previous question is redundant. So with the new .zip you have provided, is the auto-responder script built in already? Where can I send a donation for this peice of art?

I am having issues installing this program, and have you made an update yet for the newest version of PHPList? Also, when I get it up and running I am sure I will be very pleased. Thanks to opensource the world is a better place.
Getrichebiz.com
phpList newbie

Postby goose » 2:22pm, Tue 31 Oct, 2006

The autoresponder zip file I have provided has been applied to version 2.10.2. To install please follow the instructions in the INSTALL file.

If you have problems installing the version I have provided please post your error message and related info and I will try to help.
Last edited by goose on 5:07pm, Tue 14 Nov, 2006, edited 1 time in total.
goose
phpLister

Postby livingfree » 6:54am, Thu 02 Nov, 2006

Hello

I'm a new user and have been anxiously awaiting this much needed autoresponder addition.

I have installed the newest version of PHPlist 2.10.3 and therefor do not need the whole zip file listed above ... so how do I install the autoresponder patch.

I appreciate your help.
livingfree

Postby goose » 3:33pm, Thu 02 Nov, 2006

... so how do I install the autoresponder patch.

I have created a changelog for the 2.8.12 version, but unfortunately the code structure and workflow for PHPList has changed in the last few versions. I have not looked at the 2.10.3 version for any additional changes to the code.

If you are a programmer with some time on your hands you can try to add the modification your self, but
the code for PHPList is difficult to follow and adding the autoresponder to a new install is not an easy task. I did however put the following note before and after my edits in the zip file listed above.
Code: Select all
//Aaron Hawks Timed Autoresponder
goose
phpLister

Postby livingfree » 11:13pm, Thu 02 Nov, 2006

I'm not a programmer so I really wouldnt' know. If anybody is able to help me out here I'd be most appreciative.

Incidently, why has an autoresponder not been built into PHPlist yet. THere seems to be a huge request for it. :roll:
livingfree

Error Message

Postby tqsenkungu » 9:07pm, Mon 06 Nov, 2006

This is the message I get.

Database error 1146 Table 'tqnewsletterdb.phplist_schedule' doesn't exist
tqsenkungu
phpLister

Postby goose » 2:48pm, Tue 07 Nov, 2006

Database error 1146 Table 'tqnewsletterdb.phplist_schedule' doesn't exist

Using a mysql administration tool like phpmyadmin (http://www.phpmyadmin.net/) add the phplist_schedule table with the following sql statement.

CREATE TABLE phplist_schedule (
  messageid tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0',
  time tinyint(4) default '0',
  PRIMARY KEY  (messageid)
) TYPE=MyISAM;
goose
phpLister

Thanks

Postby tqsenkungu » 4:08pm, Tue 07 Nov, 2006

Thanks. That worked. Now I just have to figure out how to set the messages up. Do you have a short readme you could post or did I miss it in the zip file?
tqsenkungu
phpLister

Postby goose » 5:05pm, Tue 14 Nov, 2006

No sorry I don't have a read me file. All you have to do is enter a number in the 'Send after user sign up' field.

I noticed some error in my logic. Replace line 785 in processqueue.php with the following:

if ($schedule[1] > 0){
goose
phpLister

Bugs?

Postby bruce78 » 3:53pm, Sun 19 Nov, 2006

Hi all,

Thanks for posting the update Goose... I've spent around half a day trying to get the autoresponder to work. I even added

if ($schedule[1] > 0){
)

It seems fine, apart from;

1. Adding extra messages to the list causes them to be sent to all list members, even if messsages are set to be sent beyond the point of a subscriber being able to receive them (i.e. i've been subscribed for 2 days but suddenly get a message scheduled for day 10 etc.)

2. There seems to be a bug with confirmed users becoming unconfirmed. I think this happens when the message queue is processed, some confirmed members suddenly appear as unconfirmed?

3. This might be related to item 1. Some advance messages are just sent to users randomly?

With the above problems, it isn't very usable for me, but might work for others?

In the meantime, I'm going to try the autoresponder at http://mantis.phplist.com/view.php?id=7321

Good luck and let me know if you want to see any files from me etc.
bruce78
phpList newbie

Postby fbnet » 12:59pm, Sun 03 Dec, 2006

Hi

Has the responder donation project shown any interest.

I am willing to donate to this great plug in but if the estimated completion date is too far in the future ..the open endeed wait will be too much to bear :-)
fbnet
phpList newbie

autoresponder - files

Postby imguide » 5:32pm, Sat 09 Dec, 2006

Hi to everyone on the forum, i have just downloaded phplist and joined the forum.

Firstly many thanks to the creators and all concerned with making it better, in time hopefully i may be able to contribute although i am completely new to php we can but hope

The initial purpose for using this software was to send sequential messages with links to a subscription course offered on my site.

QUESTION - Does anyone have an auto reponder working, how about you GOOSE does yours work ?
as for these other files Can anyone confirm below is correct and give any feedback about using these files - Thanks

sequence.php i have added to admin folder

processqueue.diff have backed up to processqueue.php as processqueuebak.diff

admin.diff have backed up admin.php to adminbak.php

index.php.diff (downloads as index[1].php.diff) have backed up index.php to indexbak.php

Then renamed the new files to *.php and uploaded

Hope this is right and am going to pilot it.

Am used to dealing with backing up files and implementing code never used anything to do with php though

Would be very gratefull to hear from anyone who has used these files or has any ideas.

Many thanks to all on forum is full of info to get me started.

And thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Joe.

////////////////

EDIT

///////////////

above cant be correct doesnt load admin page

Have reverted back to original files and uploaded files as .diff and the sequence.php to admin folder any ideas if this works ?

notice in sequence.php it says

upgrade.php (TODO)
member.php (TODO)

Any ideas

Thanks again,

Joe.
imguide
phpList newbie

PreviousNext

Return to Contributions: Plug-ins, Add-ons, Mods