[mod] Sequential Autoresponder

3rd party code for phpList

Autoresponder fixes

Postby bowb » 9:55pm, Thu 01 Feb, 2007

I have attempted to fix some of the issues with the autoresponder that I ran into.

Adding extra messages to a list should now send the message the scheduled days after added to the list. If a user has been on the list for more than the scheduled days the message will still be sent after the date it was entered plus the scheduled days.

The bug with confirmed users becoming uncomfirmed is related to check_for_host in the config file. This needs to be set to 1.
http://forums.phplist.com/viewtopic.php?t=5434

I found various other bugs that I fixed. I have not looked at patching the changes to the latest release of phplist. Please try this out and let me know of any issues.

http://sfmidaho.com/~tlackey/phplist-2.10.2-autoresponder-patched.zip
This is the full version.
bowb
phpList newbie

Postby livingfree » 1:28am, Mon 12 Feb, 2007

I desperately desperately need this feature now as my current autoresponder is no longer usable. I've watched an waited patiently for 18 months for PHPlist to include this.

Can anyone please advise me on which one to use. I need a WORKING autoresponder urgently but am confused by these two...

Which one to use?

http://sfmidaho.com/~tlackey/phplist-2. ... atched.zip
or

http://mantis.phplist.com/view.php?id=7321
livingfree

Postby don6698 » 11:38pm, Tue 20 Feb, 2007

I'd be glad to try Chui Tey's autoresponder but I don't know how to install diff files. Plus, I have upgraded my version of PHP list, and haven't tried the one on this thread either. Very interested in knowing how it works.

Can someone point me to a page that tells me how to install the diff files?

thanks!
don6698
phpList newbie

Postby livingfree » 12:22am, Wed 21 Feb, 2007

Ditto! I'm even more desperate now.

I want to try to implement this feature but don't know how .. please SOMEONE!!! :shock:
livingfree

Postby rastarr » 2:07pm, Sun 18 Mar, 2007

Has anyone sucecssfully gotten any type of autoresponders working with PHPList?

Seems a great desire by many people to have it added to the dev list yet not much in the way of affirmations to the few hacks working or not.

Any one care to share their experiences either way?

Cheers
Martin
rastarr
phpList newbie

Postby maro » 1:56am, Sat 24 Mar, 2007

I have idea how to send e-mails (some serie, course or something like this)

based on RSS e-mailes !
1. one rss message is send only ONE time to one email
2. Shedulning of sending e-mails i defined (Daily, weekly...)
3. Reque some messeges by cron RSS messeges every day starting from messege nr1 to nrX.

User will get firs message in queue which he/she didn't get before. Only one because shedulnge is defined.

Offcourse it's not stright way to do it but should work.

Maybe I'm wrong. I didn't test it because I need days :roll:

Any comment?
maro
phpList newbie

Copied code into 2.11.3 and created the schedule-table....

Postby gg » 2:33pm, Mon 14 May, 2007

Hallo, you all,

sorry for my bad english, I am german.

Because the newest version 2.11.3 works with attachments-functionallity, I wanted to put the follow-up function into the new version.

So I installed separately the zip with the timed autoresponder.

Then I copied the modified parts (marked with "Aaron Hawks") into the files of the newest Version 2.11.3

admin/messages.php
admin/send_core.php
admin/processqueue.php

and copied the datatable schedule into my existig Database for 2.11.3.

Don't know, if there are other modifications.

What I get now are sql-errors like:

When I am on page:
public_html/lists/admin/?page=send&id=3&tab=Scheduling

Database error 1064 while doing query You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'set time = '7' where messageid = '3'' at line 1

The correspondent part may be this in file send_core.php
Code: Select all
//GG follow-up Aaron Hawks
// If time was not set by post then get from the database else set to 0
  if (!isset($_POST["time"])) {
     $result = Sql_Fetch_Row_Query("SELECT time FROM {$tables["schedule"]} where messageid = $id");
     if (Sql_Affected_Rows()) {
      $_POST["time"] = $result[0];
     }else{
        $_POST["time"] = 0;
     }
  }
//GG follow-up Aaron Hawks ende

and / or
//GG follow-up
   $query = "Update {$tables[schedule]} set time = '$time' where messageid = '$id' ";
   $result   =   Sql_query($query);
//GG follow-up ende

or/and in messages.php
      $schedule = Sql_Fetch_Row_Query("Select time from {$tables["schedule"]} where messageid = " . $msg['id'] . "'");

or/and in processqueue.php

//GG $status = Sql_query(sprintf('update %s set status = "sent",sent = now() where id = %d',$GLOBALS['tables']['message'],$messageid));
     $status = Sql_Fetch_Row_query("select time from {$tables['schedule']} where messageid = \"$messageid\"");
      if ($original_status != 'scheduled'){
         $status = Sql_query("update {$tables['message']} set status = \"sent\",sent = now() where id = \"$messageid\"");
      }else{
         $status = Sql_query("update {$tables['message']} set status = \"scheduled\",sent = now() where id = \"$messageid\"");
      }

When I am on
public_html/lists/admin/?page=messages

there comes
Database error 1064 while doing query You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'where messageid = 3'' at line 1

Because of this errors above, there comes no datas into the table schedule.

Because I am no programmer, I don't have an idea why code in 2.10.2 runs and the same in 2.11.3 not.

If someone would be so kind to help, or probably the coder himself,

is it possible, to write in simple english words?

Thank you for your kindness.
Gabi
gg
phpLister

Postby mainzda » 10:18am, Wed 16 May, 2007

Hello everybody,
I have installed the http://sfmidaho.com/~tlackey/phplist-2. ... atched.zip version.
It doesn't show any error messages.
How do I set the message, that it automatically be sent after 1 day the user has signed up ?
I have set the value in "Send after user sign up. (In Days)" to 1. And then I have saved the message.
Will it be automatically sent to the users ?
And if I st the value from "Send after user sign up. (In Days)" to 0, will it be automatically sent, right after the user has signed up ?
Thanks.
mainzda
phpList newbie

Postby goose » 1:36pm, Wed 16 May, 2007

gg - within the SQL statements add single quotes around the word time. This may need to be done in all SQL statements.

For example change:
$result = Sql_Fetch_Row_Query("SELECT time FROM {$tables["schedule"]} where messageid = $id");

to:
$result = Sql_Fetch_Row_Query("SELECT 'time' FROM {$tables["schedule"]} where messageid = $id");

and:
$query = "Update {$tables[schedule]} set time = '$time' where messageid = '$id' ";

to:
$query = "Update {$tables[schedule]} set 'time' = '$time' where messageid = '$id' ";

There are more that need to be replaced.
goose
phpLister

Postby mainzda » 2:25pm, Wed 16 May, 2007

Hi Goose,
but I can't see any error messages, also not in the event log. But something like "Mailer Error: Language string failed to load: instantiate".
How can I test this functionality ?
Is it already correct, how I set the scheduled message ?

Donny
mainzda
phpList newbie

Postby gg » 7:56pm, Wed 16 May, 2007

goose wrote:gg - within the SQL statements add single quotes around the word time. This may need to be done in all SQL statements.

Hallo, thank you for helping...

I hope I made every changes.

But there comes now this Error on

Database error 1064 while doing query You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'where messageid = 6' at line 1

It is this piece of code in send_core.php

$result = Sql_Fetch_Row_Query("SELECT 'time' FROM {$tables["schedule"]} where messageid = $id");

It comes also an errormessage, if I put messageid and/or $id in single quotes.

When I will save a new message, there comes this error, so I think, it is not only the reason "single quotes".

Gabi
Database error 1064 while doing query You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'set 'time' = '' where messageid = '8'' at line 1

Then I made many changes for trying, but at least I see, that the place where the variable $time has to be is empty (set 'time' = ''.
$query = "Update {$tables["schedule"]} set 'time' = '$time' where messageid = $id ";

Can you please have a look once more????
Thank you
gg
phpLister

Postby rlwpub » 7:27am, Sun 27 May, 2007

Any word on when this will be a built-in feature? It seems long overdue.
rlwpub
phpLister

Postby H2B2 » 10:59pm, Sun 27 May, 2007

A sequential auto-responder feature is planned for the 2.11.x release. Not sure when that will be. It seems to me there is still a lot of work to do...
Ref: http://mantis.phplist.com/view.php?id=2705
H2B2

Postby lwatkins » 6:35am, Thu 21 Jun, 2007

I installed the autosponder and didn't get any error messages during the installation. However, when I set-up subscribe forms, or try to view unsubscribe pages all I get is page not found errors. It appears to be trying to pull those from the admin folder - so that people could only subscribe in the admin folder.

When I try to configure any of the pages under the configure menu (for example the URL for the unsubscribe page) it gives me a page cannot be found error. It also appears to be wanting to save these to the admin folder.

I've tried repeating the installation several times and end up with the same error each time and can't figure out what I am doing wrong. At least I am consistent.

I've done a search and can't find any info on it. Does anyone have any ideas?

Leisa
lwatkins
phpLister

Problem Solved

Postby lwatkins » 3:21pm, Thu 21 Jun, 2007

I figured out my problem. It is amazing what a little sleep will do.

I had installed the autoresponder in a subfolder called "list", but neglected to change the pageroot and adminpages in the config.php file to reflect the correct folder. It was corrected with the following:

$pageroot = '/list';
$adminpages = '/list/admin';

Leisa
lwatkins
phpLister

PreviousNext

Return to Contributions: Plug-ins, Add-ons, Mods