[mod] Sequential Autoresponder

3rd party code for phpList

help with autoresponder

Postby abcphp » 3:23pm, Fri 03 Aug, 2007

If you have tried any of the 3 downloads for autoresponder, could you please let me know which one you have downloaded and how are you using it?

I have tried all 3 and none seems to be working for me!

1. Chui Tey's patch: http://mantis.phplist.com/view.php?id=7321
with this download, I cannot figure out where to set the number of days after which a message can be sent to signed up users. should this be done through command line, cron job and processqueue?

2. (Aaron Hawks) goose's version: http://forums.phplist.com/viewtopic.php?p=23017#23017
with this download, since the next download had said that it has fixed the issues with this one, I just downloaded the next one. Could it be working fine without the changes made in the next set?

3. (Truman Lackey) http://sfmidaho.com/~tlackey/phplist-2. ... atched.zip
This download does ask for the number of days after which it should send a message, but does not do this automatically and when I press process queue, everything is sent to everyone, no matter what the setting has been. Is there another way of using it? what is the correct way? If from command line, by cron job, then could someone please tell me what command to use?

I would greatly appreciate your help and advice.

Looking forward to hear from you...
abcphp
phpList newbie

Auto responder

Postby bowb » 7:46pm, Tue 07 Aug, 2007

I made some changes to my code since last time I posted. The new one has a new fsckeditor included and changes in the autoresponder. I still have not tested it much, and honestly have not looked at it in over 4 months. But I thought I would post the changes anyways. Also I am using command line processing.

in my crontab:
*/15 0-6 * * * /home/tlackey/scripts/processlist
10 1 * * * /home/tlackey/scripts/phplist -pprocessbounces

my phplist file

#!/bin/bash

# script to run PHPlist from commandline. You may need to edit this to make it work
# with your shell environment. The following should work for Bash on Fedora Linux
# but this may vary strongly in other situations. You will need to dig into the
# code to make sure it works for you.

# in commandline mode, access is restricted to users who are listed in the config file
# check README.commandline for more info

# identify the config file for your installation
CONFIG=/var/www/html/php_list/lists/config/config.php
export CONFIG
USER=root
export USER
# alternatively you can use -c <path> on the commandline

# run the PHPlist index file with all parameters passed to this script
/usr/bin/php /var/www/html/php_list/lists/admin/index.php $*

my processlist file

#!/bin/bash

#Just check if the script is running if it is about otherwise run the script
if [ `ps aux |grep phplist | grep -c -v 'grep'` -eq 0 ]
then
echo "" >> /var/log/list.log
echo "`date`" >> /var/log/list.log
/home/tlackey/scripts/phplist -pprocessqueue >> /var/log/list.log
else
exit 0
fi

http://sfmidaho.com/~tlackey/phplist-2.10.2-patched.tar.gz

If you do not want to schedule set "Send after user sign up. (In Days)" to zero. I vaguely remember having issues on messages getting sent incorrectly and have no clue if I fixed this or not.

Best of luck.

Truman
bowb
phpList newbie

SEQUENTIAL AUTORESPONDER

Postby coderXO » 12:19am, Wed 15 Aug, 2007

working Sequential Autoresponder achieved
Last edited by coderXO on 12:21am, Wed 15 Aug, 2007, edited 1 time in total.
coderXO
phpList newbie

SEQUENTIAL AUTORESPONDER

Postby coderXO » 12:19am, Wed 15 Aug, 2007

I dont know if Aaron Hawks sequenced autoresponder works
and I doubt it does completely cuz I have just completed a scriptlance project that required me to make phplist (Aaron Hawk modded). I have just completed the project (successfully).

First, I have to point out the poor coding and organization of the script, my mod renders/ignores some
code to achieve the desired result.

The main feature to allow a particular user for a particular message uses their "entered" date plus the
time interval field from schedule table for the messageid to be sent.

Notes:
All messages created, that are not "drafts" will be "scheduled" always. So new users can receive the message too. Prior, once a message has been sent it is marked "sent." Not so anymore

The "sent" messages tab reads mostly from the usermessage table (joined to the message table for additional data).

A cron job is run every fifteen minutes to process the queue.

It's not complicated but it did take me about 5 days to mod.

I'm offering to help anyone who wants their phplist converted (as here described) for $50.

My original client paid $200.

anyone interested email me at: coder_extraordinaire at yahoo dot com
coderXO
phpList newbie

Postby meeknmighty » 3:43am, Tue 21 Aug, 2007

Hey you guy's just need to do what I did.
I moved my site to Thirdsphere.
Autoresponder comes with acc. and has snap in scripts which is where I got my PHPlist too. All the tools in 1 spot.BAM.

I'm at the point now where I just need a little help on my forms to be able to use one form that enters user into my PHPlist and autoresponder simultaneously.

There's gotta be a way.

Can someone help me with this and I'll be home free.
meeknmighty
phpList newbie

I'd stay away

Postby elevatingyourbusiness » 10:28pm, Sun 23 Mar, 2008

Regarding 3rd sphere. I'd stay away from using it's program an that of WAHM Cart which are so simliar that I thought one had stolen from the other !

Anyway, 3rd sphere's program does not compelely do what it says. My HTML ezine was coming up blank when I joined it two years ago, they said they fixed, and alas -- same problem exists.

Anyway, I can write a book on why I"m looking for a different program to use.
elevatingyourbusiness
phpList newbie

Postby rdohn » 11:17pm, Mon 24 Mar, 2008

I can't believe this topic isn't getting a little more action.

Is there an update for the new version of PHPList?
rdohn
phpLister

sequential autoresponder

Postby coderXO » 7:46am, Mon 31 Mar, 2008

ive been getting many requests per my previous posts.

the update on this from the client is that it did not work properly as needed.

currently i do not have the time/interest to dig into phplist anymore.

anyone who needs this desperately can find me on the
freelance coding sites, and we can discuss something.

Ive seen the need for this, and I might in the future
create a standalone mailer (independent of phplist) that has the sequential mailing.

best regards,
coderXO
coderXO
phpList newbie

sequential autoresponder

Postby coderXO » 7:47am, Mon 31 Mar, 2008

ive been getting many requests per my previous posts.

the update on this from the client is that it did not work properly as needed.

currently i do not have the time/interest to dig into phplist anymore.

anyone who needs this desperately can find me on the
freelance coding sites, and we can discuss something.

Ive seen the need for this, and I might in the future
create a standalone mailer (independent of phplist) that has the sequential mailing.

best regards,
coderXO
coderXO
phpList newbie

Postby tazatek » 11:44pm, Tue 15 Apr, 2008

Well.... if sequential / incremental mailings aren't available by 3rd party, is PHPList planning on integrating a solution soon? If so, what sort of time-line? I thought I saw in a previous post, plans on integrating a solution.

Could someone point me in the direction of how to implement such a thing my self? I used to code in C++, so I'm not an expert PHP coder, but I might be able to put something together in a pinch :)

coderXO (or anyone else), do you have a code-base that you'd be willing to share, since you did partly implement it?

Thanks

Matt
tazatek
phpList newbie

Postby gxjenkins » 8:23am, Wed 16 Apr, 2008

I like using PHPLIST, but the question is:
does it do : sequential / incremental mailings,
or not?
gxjenkins
phpLister

Postby ench0 » 7:42am, Sat 14 Jun, 2008

In this same thread, H2B2 commented about 1 year ago that there are plans to add the Timed/Sequential/Scheduling autoresponder IN VERSION 11.

There is a version 11 on SourceForge (development, i.e. not "stable" or official), so could someone from PHPList please confirm whether the autoresponder feature made it into this dev. version?

Rregardless of whether it has been added to the current v.11 - we all appreciate your efforts to release a better phplist!

Thank you.

P.S. tazatek - CoderXO IS "sharing" his code base. For the price of $50. The only problem is it doesn't really work. Read above.

So I suppose what happened is: he charged his client $200 to develop the feature, gave him something that didn't work, then possibly charged a couple of readers here $50 for the same thing, then "lost interest" and is now suggesting that if anyone is interested they can contact him and discuss more payments so he can actually do it. Or do something... Which may not do what it was supposed to do...

Doesn't sound too promising to me... At least he was honest to admit he wrote something that didn't quite work...
ench0
phpList newbie

Postby makemoneyonline » 4:20pm, Tue 17 Jun, 2008

Hey guys, im a marketer and im currently paying a coder good money to write a 3rd party autoresponder that would seemesly intergrate into phplist. No promises yet, but if it is done i will post the subscription page so users can see if it works properly, and will also sell the script for commerical use, but it will be less then $20 which is nothing compared to the costs of development. I will also ask some mods to test the script out themselves to see that it works propelry and without bugs.
makemoneyonline
phpLister

Postby kmm2908 » 2:43am, Mon 18 Aug, 2008

makemoneyonline wrote:Hey guys, im a marketer and im currently paying a coder good money to write a 3rd party autoresponder that would seemesly intergrate into phplist. No promises yet, but if it is done i will post the subscription page so users can see if it works properly, and will also sell the script for commerical use, but it will be less then $20 which is nothing compared to the costs of development. I will also ask some mods to test the script out themselves to see that it works propelry and without bugs.

2 months on, any luck with coder?
kmm2908
phpList newbie

Postby Guest » 9:10pm, Sun 04 Jan, 2009

Any action guys? There must be hundreds of us watching this post.... growing older.... slowly...

PreviousNext

Return to Contributions: Plug-ins, Add-ons, Mods