[plugin: Mail2List] Send mail to your list via email client

3rd party code for phpList

Re: [plugin: Mail2List] Send mail to your list via email client

Postby Tiger bob » 10:25am, Mon 29 Jun, 2009

Thanks - sorted my problem. I wonder why Firefox does not come up with the "clean" window?
Tiger bob

Postby carlosmarchi » 12:09am, Mon 24 Aug, 2009

I've made a clean install of last phplist version and added Mail2List plugin but I'm facing a problem. My messages are received by phplist but when I tried to process it always says that ther's nothing to do. I've already tried many changes withou sucess. I saw that some other users had the same problem but I couldn't find a message about the solution. If anyone know how to fix it I'll be very glad.

Thanks.
Carlos Marchi
carlosmarchi
phpLister

Postby carlosmarchi » 2:09am, Mon 24 Aug, 2009

Solved. I wasn't using v2.
carlosmarchi
phpLister

Postby carlosmarchi » 2:48am, Mon 24 Aug, 2009

Well, not exactly. It worked only once after upgrading and stopped again. Messages get inprocess and process queue says that there's nothing to be done.
carlosmarchi
phpLister

[plugin: Mail2List] Send mail to your list via email client

Postby laurentvm » 8:42pm, Fri 11 Sep, 2009

Hello,

A month ago i managed to get mail to list work, but now, i have deleted all list add recreated new ones for test and cannot remember what are the parameters.
So, my question is does somebody has a explanantion of what are the different parameter of mail to list and the effect of these parameters.

1. Edit users -> create users that are accepted to send mails to be forwarded.

2. Setting overview -> don't remember where it is used, but i have introduced the parameters of the mail account to which i send my emails to be forwarded.
Is it useful ?
I don't understand this parameters as you also have an edit list where the same parameters appears ?? Does the edit list is a "default parameters "?

In my mind, there is somethind defined 2 times, so i don't understand the difference, unless one is a default.

3. Edit List : what is "Insert the email addres for list 'General-Mailing-list'"
is it the email to which we have to send the emails that have to be fowarded?
If so, what is

4. What does queue ?
I know what is a queue, but in this context, what will be the effect ?

5. Can somebody details the way of using after a mail has been sent.
Go to -> Process mails and then ->process queue
What do process mails and process queue ?
Where go the cron there?

6. If we have more thant one list, we should add one email adress per list ? to know to which list sent which message ?

If somebody could be kind enough to answers my questions, that would be very nice, and i think it could also help new user as i did not find any documentation about the parameters and principle of the plugin.

Thanks
Laurent
laurentvm
phpList newbie

Postby zydone » 12:02am, Thu 24 Sep, 2009

How can I change the email that the list forwards, the problem spam filters, many of the users already have in their email filters the main list email the admin email but , any of the users that send emails to the list , are not included in other users email ,we have found that this emails goes to junk email on the other users boxers and people are just deleting this emails without seeing they recognise the list main email but not the other users email on the list , what I need to find out if to a way to change probably toggle from using the list email instead of the forward email or just to forward email from the sending user depending on the type of email in my case sending from the list admin email will be enough. I guess this takes time and I do understand , I have been looking around and I have not find a way of doing this myself, I really appreciate your script thank you for providing a great script.

Thanks

Zy
zydone
phpList newbie

Postby vooboo13 » 8:49pm, Tue 29 Sep, 2009

Hi, I'm running phplist v2.10.10.

I imported the users that I have, and created the email address for the list. When I send an email to the list and process it, it tells me that it "Failed to send message..." because I'm not on the whitelist. However, I'm in the list! I added my name plus a space and my email address to see if that was it, but it was not. Is there something wrong? It doesn't seem to be reading my whitelist.
vooboo13
phpList newbie

Postby gsvarney » 9:45pm, Thu 05 Nov, 2009

Hello,
I have downloaded and installed Mail2List on PhpList 2.10.10. This is *all* running on the same box as Exchange 2007. I have things working for normal PHPList messaging, ie. doing "send message" and choosing a list to send to. However, when trying to send messages with Mail2List it fails. What I see on my Exchange box security event log is:
Logon attempt by: MICROSOFT_AUTHENTICATION_PACKAGE_V1_0
Logon account: <name of account messages are sent to>
Source Workstation: <same computer as exchange>
Error Code: 0xC0000064

This suggests a non-existent user or bad password. I've confirmed both. In fact, when I click on "Process new mails" it *does* remove the message from the account specified in the Mail2List configuration (same logon account as above).

My POP3 settings in Mail2List are set to the above account with /pop3:110/notls. I don't know what the first item at the top of this page is "Insert the email addres for list " is, it's always blank even after saving something in it.

Here's what I get in phplist when click on "Process new mails":

Mail to List is trying to process all the new messages

Processing list ''
-------------------------

Status of pop3 connection: Connected

Processed message 1 of 1
No emails where sent to .

I have selected a list in order to configure this. I don't know where the message goes, it's not in any queue or draft section.

I've been pouning my head against the wall for hours now. I'm quite confused at this point.

I also do get these messages:

Database error 1366 while doing query Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'template' at row 1
Fatal Error: Debugging not configured properly
Database error 1062 while doing query Duplicate entry '0-2' for key 'messageid'
Fatal Error: Debugging not configured properly

but I also get these from other actions, and it doesn't seem to prevent anything from happening as it should.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.
gsvarney
phpList newbie

Postby acecarwash » 11:17am, Fri 13 Nov, 2009

I have problem with loading the plugin whitin 2.10.10 ..

What i did
Modified config.php:
define("PLUGIN_ROOTDIR","/xx/xx/xx/xx/lists/admin/plugins");

Modified get_email.class.php
-var $attach_url
-var $file_path

Copyed the plugin to the plugin folder:
--> plugins/mailtolist
- get_email.class.php
- main.php
--> plugins/
- mailtolist.php

In the Admin pannel i only see the two demo plugins:
- Example plugin, dynamic page
- Mozilla Sidebar

What could be the problem with the mail2list plugin?
acecarwash
PL Nut

Postby JimL » 5:31pm, Mon 22 Mar, 2010

Has anyone seen this issue?

I just tried installing Mail2List on my phplist configuration. I am running version 2.10.10.
I installed the plugin and I can see it in the admin page, but when I try to configure it by clicking
on the "Settings Overview" button. No configuration information appears.

I think the plug-in is available to phplist, but...

My server runs php-cgi. I can't even get past the configuration page. I can add/delete users
from the white list, but I can't get to the other mail2list settings.

Any ideas?
JimL
phpList newbie

Postby FernandoAlgarvio » 9:17pm, Mon 22 Mar, 2010

Hi!

Have you configured any list? Besides the white list, you should configure at least one list selecting it from the combo box and clicking in the Edit list. Only after that you can go to the settings overview and see something. I think... :?

Regards,
Fernando Algarvio
FernandoAlgarvio
PL Nut

Postby JimL » 6:54pm, Tue 23 Mar, 2010

Fernando,

Thank you! That is what it was! On to the next question!

Now, has anyone modified the mail2list code so that it send e-mail as the list owner and NOT the e-mail sender? We don't want folks responding to the sender from some lists, or we want the list to be a noreply address.

-Jim-
JimL
phpList newbie

Postby FernandoAlgarvio » 8:52pm, Tue 23 Mar, 2010

Hi!

The solution I adopted was changing the sender of the e-mail. For example, instead of sending the messages as fernando@domain.com I send them as noreply@domain.com

Regards,
Fernando Algarvio
FernandoAlgarvio
PL Nut

Postby JimL » 9:32pm, Tue 23 Mar, 2010

Unfortunately, not everyone that needs to send e-mail to the lists is knowledgeable enough to change where their message comes from.

I may look at the code when I have some time. For now, I was just trying to get it going.

Thanks again!
JimL
phpList newbie

Postby mslindacarter » 2:04am, Fri 21 May, 2010

i installed but having issues ... how do u get it to auto process so u dont ahve to go in every time to process?

and if you do the mail to process thujen you have to go to do a manual process in phplist... adn i like to do things auto so its easy to do

having issues to make it work
mslindacarter
phpList newbie

PreviousNext

Return to Contributions: Plug-ins, Add-ons, Mods