[plugin: Mail2List] Send mail to your list via email client

3rd party code for phpList

Postby rjc » 6:03pm, Fri 14 Sep, 2007

SaWey, I tried your mailtolist and it works great! Thanks!

Then, I just went online and saw you've just released v2! Will try it when I get time.

Thanks for the effort.
rjc
PL Nut

Postby paisleyd » 12:26am, Thu 20 Sep, 2007

my apologies for asking something that may have been discussed and i am just not finding it. also i am very new to phplist.

can this add-on make the process of sending or broadcasting to your list automatic? where the end user or client does not have to log in to the phplist interface? i am trying to make this as simple as possible for some of my clients. so i want them to be able to send an email to phplist which automatically redirects or broadcasts that email to the list. make sense?

thank you for your patience and input.
paisleyd
phpList newbie

Postby SaWey » 12:57am, Thu 20 Sep, 2007

v2 of this plugin is able to process the messages automatically with a cron job, v1 still needs you to process the messages.

Before using this, v2 is still beta, use it at your own risk.
It could be that there won't be any errors, but as I haven't been able to test this on all systems, I cannot guarantee this.
SaWey
PL Master

Postby freqz » 7:39pm, Fri 28 Sep, 2007

Hello all,

Very new to phplist and this site, and I think it's great so far!

Please excuse my lack of knowledge here but I'm learning very quickly.

PHPlist is up and working just fine. I have installed mailtolist v2 everything as per instructions, and it works up, BUT......

I have no idea whatso-ever on this whole cron thing.

I'm placed it in the folder as per the instructions, but now what ? What is the command line I need to place into cron? I tried accessing this directly from the web, but I get nothing displayed ? Is that corrrect ?

Thanks again in advance for help to this newbie.
freqz
PL Nut

Postby freqz » 9:06pm, Fri 28 Sep, 2007

I'm thinkin gthat I may need to edit the m2l_cron.php file, But like I said, I'm pretty new and learning quickly, but If this is my issue I'll need some nudging here please ....

By the looks I should be able to directly link to m2l_cron.php but when I do I get the message in a windows error format 403 Forbidden "this website requires you to log in"
freqz
PL Nut

Postby freqz » 10:32pm, Fri 28 Sep, 2007

One last thing, I notice it said to link to the attachments folder. But I do not have anywhere a attachment folder. The only thing right now on my web host is phplist.

All I'm wanting to do is have phplist automatically process once a email I send comes in.

Again, mail2list works as far as I can tell. I can send a email and it ends up in phplist :-) then I have to process through to get it out.
freqz
PL Nut

Postby SaWey » 11:16pm, Fri 28 Sep, 2007

Hi,

You have to add the m2l_cron.php to your .htaccess file, so you are allowed to use it.

Mine says:
Code: Select all
<FilesMatch "(index.php|dl.php|ut.php|lt.php|download.php|archive.php|m2l_cron.php)$">
Order allow,deny
allow from all
</FilesMatch>
SaWey
PL Master

Postby freqz » 11:49pm, Fri 28 Sep, 2007

Great I got that and from the web it worked. I had to hit refresh each time to cycle it.

Now if you can give a little insight as to how I set the cron up in my cpanel ? Do I just put the physical web link to it and set how often I want it to run ?

Also, Does it only process 1 message per each refresh ?
freqz
PL Nut

Postby SaWey » 1:38am, Sat 29 Sep, 2007

As this defers on a lot of systems, I can only give you this link: phpList Cron Job Examples

These are examples of phpList users using a cron job, instead of, for example, linking to this URI:
'home/mydomain/public_html/phpList/admin/index.php'; link to this:
'home/mydomain/public_html/phpList/m2l_cron.php'

I think you'll get what I mean.
SaWey
PL Master

Postby freqz » 1:58am, Sat 29 Sep, 2007

Thanks again, I'll see what I come up with here.
freqz
PL Nut

Postby freqz » 2:41am, Sat 29 Sep, 2007

Ok, I think I have the cron part figured out but when it run's it's comming back with

/bin/sh: /home/MyDomain/public_html/repeater/m2l_cron.php: Permission denied

Of course I posted with MyDomain in there not the real one.
freqz
PL Nut

Postby freqz » 5:39am, Sat 29 Sep, 2007

Ok I had to set permissions on the file... got that, but now I have these errors...

/home/###/public_html/repeater/m2l_cron.php: line 1: ?php
: No such file or directory
/home/###/public_html/repeater/m2l_cron.php: line 2: /**
: No such file or directory
/home/###/public_html/repeater/m2l_cron.php: line 3: access-logs: command not found
/home/###/public_html/repeater/m2l_cron.php: line 4: access-logs: command not found
/home/###/public_html/repeater/m2l_cron.php: line 5: syntax error near unexpected token `('
/home/###/public_html/repeater/m2l_cron.php: line 5: ` * Created by SaWey (C) 2007
freqz
PL Nut

Postby freqz » 1:36pm, Sat 29 Sep, 2007

on line 25 in the m2l_cron
include('./admin/' . PLUGIN_ROOTDIR ."/mailtolist/get_email.class.php");

How exactly show this be formated ?
freqz
PL Nut

Postby SaWey » 3:03pm, Sat 29 Sep, 2007

Before the <?php you should put in this:
#!/usr/bin/php -q

Else the server won't know what to do with the script.

The PLUGIN_ROOTDIR is configured in your config.php, this should point to the plugin directory.
SaWey
PL Master

Postby freqz » 5:43pm, Sat 29 Sep, 2007

WOW IT WORKS !! With only one little issue left now.

First off SaWey, Thank you for personally taking the time to help me out with this script ! I could never thank you enough.

Second with the issue in hand,

If a message is sent and processed with the option: Que messages sent to this address (YES) , they go into the "Sent" portion of PHPlist with status of inprocess, and do not send out.

If a message is sent and process with the option set to NO, They go into the "draft" folder with the status of draft.

What am I doing wrong here? or am I simply missing something ?
freqz
PL Nut

PreviousNext

Return to Contributions: Plug-ins, Add-ons, Mods