[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3893)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3893)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4761: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3893)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3893)
phplist forums • View topic - [plugin] PBTS_XTRA - Mulitple Content Areas in Template

[plugin] PBTS_XTRA - Mulitple Content Areas in Template

3rd party code for phpList

[plugin] PBTS_XTRA - Mulitple Content Areas in Template

Postby carterco » 3:45am, Wed 30 Nov, 2005

Attachments
pbts_xtra.zip
contains the plugin, installation notes, and sample template

this version: 0.04 beta
(19.23 KiB) Downloaded 2025 times
Last edited by carterco on 5:26pm, Mon 05 Dec, 2005, edited 2 times in total.
carterco
PL Geek

Postby frigginbone » 8:59pm, Sat 03 Dec, 2005

I could not get this plugin to work (from a non-programmer.) I believe I followed all directions in the txt file. I'll try to remember all problems:

- couldn't get past the missing [CONTENT] at first, finally looked at example template more closely.

- never had the pbts_xtra editor. Manually used a PBTS tag, found in my template, in the message area.

- added the example template as a new template, also edited my own template. Tried to send both to my test group, and the processqueue hung every time.

- when saving the template in the queue, the next screen would be incomplete (I guess), no menu on the right. And the screen seemed wrong, seemed too short.

Obviously a great plugin, very powerful. I'll continue to watch the development. I wish I could offer help, but I don't have the skills. I would love to get this to work!
frigginbone
phpLister

Postby carterco » 10:33pm, Sat 03 Dec, 2005

carterco
PL Geek

Postby carterco » 10:41pm, Sat 03 Dec, 2005

carterco
PL Geek

Postby frigginbone » 2:36am, Mon 05 Dec, 2005

carterco, thanks for the response! I reloaded your plugin, changed the files and got it in the right-side menu. It was a plugin location problem. I wanted to use a folder outside of phpList but can't seem to get the syntax right, so put it in the internal folder instead.

Ultimately, I haven't gotten an email to 'send' with the new tags. Here's a step-by-step listing of what I did and the results:

Main Page (admin)

Send a message
- fill in subject to identify later
"Save" the message

pbts_xtra (from right menu, under plugins)
"Edit A Message"

Draft Messages - choose and "edit"
- fill in "Subject,' 'From Line,' 'Template' (didn't test changing this), 'field name'

"Save" (button above "subject' line)
- tags and content shown in purple box below

Edit this Message with standard phpList Editor (scheduling, etc)
- Make the usual choices

"Send Test Message"
- leads to short incomplete screen, no right-side menu. Says 'message saved'

OR
"Send Message to the Selected Mailinglists"
- displays 'message saved,' 'Message queued for send'

"Process the message queue"
- Screen shows:
Started; message 88; 3 users to process; Finished, Nothing to do; Finished, All done

Messages (right menu)
(choose message)
- screen shows:
Sent
Message Info:
Entered: 2005-12-04 18:50:51
Embargo: 2005-12-04 18:50:00
Status: inprocess; 3 still to process; ETA: (blank); Processing 0 msgs/hr; "Suspend Sending"; Action: 0 sent

I can review the template with PBTS tag info (somewhere in the process) so I know the info gets where it needs to go.

Made a discovery when reviewing. Be careful when choosing tag names. Best to show with an example:

[PBTS_Article]
[PBTS_ArticleCopyright]
[PBTS_ArticleBlogEntry]
- All three tags use the one entry for [PBTS_Article]. [PBTS_Article] was first in the template, don't know if that affected which entry was used. Regardless, it appears to be best to choose completely different tag names.

My two cents so far.
frigginbone
phpLister

Postby carterco » 5:49am, Mon 05 Dec, 2005

Last edited by carterco on 6:26am, Mon 05 Dec, 2005, edited 3 times in total.
carterco
PL Geek

Postby carterco » 6:00am, Mon 05 Dec, 2005

Last edited by carterco on 6:24am, Mon 05 Dec, 2005, edited 1 time in total.
carterco
PL Geek

Postby carterco » 6:20am, Mon 05 Dec, 2005

carterco
PL Geek

Postby carterco » 5:24pm, Mon 05 Dec, 2005

carterco
PL Geek

I have a problem

Postby bluelotus » 1:07am, Wed 18 Jan, 2006

bluelotus
phpLister

Postby carterco » 3:22am, Wed 18 Jan, 2006

carterco
PL Geek

Screenshots of Template Editing Tools:

Postby carterco » 4:10am, Wed 18 Jan, 2006

carterco
PL Geek

Postby bluelotus » 2:10am, Sat 21 Jan, 2006

Sorry for my lack of clarity. I'm on the regular template page of PhPList. I am not even sure how to access the pbts_extra one...

There is a text window but the editor doesn't have any of the usual text editing tools. So, it is basically where you would add the "content" and at the bottom is has the "Check that all links have a full URL," etc.

I uploaded a template I made on GoLive and its html appears on the window but when I click on "save" it won't save it. It just says. "Some errors were found. Template not saved!"

So I am wondering, did I installed the plugin wrong, or what am I doing wrong now?

Thanks for your help!
bluelotus
phpLister

ahhh, welcome, grasshopper...

Postby carterco » 2:20am, Sat 21 Jan, 2006

carterco
PL Geek

Postby jwatts001 » 9:06pm, Fri 10 Feb, 2006

First, carterco, let me just say that this plugin is awesome, and thank you SO much for writing it and distributing it freely! It really has allowed me to make some great looking newsletters for my company.

I am running into a small problem, and i'm really not sure if it is related to your plugin, but i don't think it started until after i installed it. But either way, maybe you could offer your opinion. The problem is that, even though i specify to send the newsletters HTML-only, they still always send out as both html and text. Do you know what this could be about?

I appreciate any help you could offer, and again, thanks for a great plugin!

-Justin
jwatts001
phpList newbie

Next

Return to Contributions: Plug-ins, Add-ons, Mods