carterco, thanks for the response! I reloaded your plugin, changed the files and got it in the right-side menu. It was a plugin location problem. I wanted to use a folder outside of phpList but can't seem to get the syntax right, so put it in the internal folder instead.
Ultimately, I haven't gotten an email to 'send' with the new tags. Here's a step-by-step listing of what I did and the results:
Main Page (admin)
Send a message
- fill in subject to identify later
"Save" the message
pbts_xtra (from right menu, under plugins)
"Edit A Message"
Draft Messages - choose and "edit"
- fill in "Subject,' 'From Line,' 'Template' (didn't test changing this), 'field name'
"Save" (button above "subject' line)
- tags and content shown in purple box below
Edit this Message with standard phpList Editor (scheduling, etc)
- Make the usual choices
"Send Test Message"
- leads to short incomplete screen, no right-side menu. Says 'message saved'
"Send Message to the Selected Mailinglists"
- displays 'message saved,' 'Message queued for send'
"Process the message queue"
- Screen shows:
Started; message 88; 3 users to process; Finished, Nothing to do; Finished, All done
Messages (right menu)
- screen shows:
Entered: 2005-12-04 18:50:51
Embargo: 2005-12-04 18:50:00
Status: inprocess; 3 still to process; ETA: (blank); Processing 0 msgs/hr; "Suspend Sending"; Action: 0 sent
I can review the template with PBTS tag info (somewhere in the process) so I know the info gets where it needs to go.
Made a discovery when reviewing. Be careful when choosing tag names. Best to show with an example:
- All three tags use the one entry for [PBTS_Article]. [PBTS_Article] was first in the template, don't know if that affected which entry was used. Regardless, it appears to be best to choose completely different tag names.
My two cents so far.