bad links

Once you've installed phpList Version 2... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation. This is for Version 2 of phpList (the orange one).

bad links

Postby a8le » 8:47pm, Thu 15 Feb, 2007

hi all,

i am sent our first newsletter using PHPlist recently, there were a few hangups but everything turned out working except for the links from my html version emails. there is an extra "amp;" in the links, for example...

text version...

http:://www.mycompany.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=77

html version...

http:://www.mycompany.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=77

has anyone ever ran into this problem? please help me, i would appreciate any suggestions.

thnx,
a8le
a8le
phpList newbie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 4:59am, Thu 15 Feb, 2007

Postby H2B2 » 4:44am, Fri 16 Feb, 2007

I tested those urls on my install, but I can't reproduce the problem with this setup:
phplist 2.10.4
configuration page:
Charset for HTML messages: UTF-8
Charset for Text messages: UTF-8
config.php:
Message encoding
# you can specify the encoding for HTML and plaintext messages here. This only
# works if you do not use the phpmailer (see below)
# the default should be fine. Valid options are 7bit, quoted-printable and base64
define("HTMLEMAIL_ENCODING","quoted-printable");
define("TEXTEMAIL_ENCODING",'7bit');

You might try changing the message encoding settings in config.php and see if that fixes the issue.
H2B2
Moderator
 
Posts: 7188
Joined: 1:51am, Wed 15 Mar, 2006

html editor or webmail

Postby a8le » 10:33pm, Fri 16 Feb, 2007

hi H2B2 and all,

i changed my setting as suggested, but my problems are still there...

i have figured it out to be one of two problem...

1) its the html editor in phplist... after i press "source" and enter in my code the "&" become "&" ... i noticed this after pressing "source" a second time to check the links.

2) i tried to do a work around... after i enter my source, i used the html editor's "find replace" tool to replace "&" with "&"... then sent the emails. i sent the emails to my company email (outlook'ed) and to a personal email account (hotmail). i found out that outlook translates the links fine but hotmail adds the extra "amp;".

still kind of stuck on this, don't know what i should be looking at or for...

suggestions please. :cry:

thnx in advance,
a8le
a8le
phpList newbie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 4:59am, Thu 15 Feb, 2007

Postby H2B2 » 11:12am, Sat 17 Feb, 2007

In that case you could try and disable FCKeditor in config.php to confirm that it really is the cause of the problem. If confirmed you could consult the FCKeditor forum for info on how to fix this.
Ref:
http://docs.phplist.com/UsingFCKEditor
http://fckeditor.biz/

Alternatively you could install and enable TinyMCE
Ref: http://docs.phplist.com/TinyMCE
H2B2
Moderator
 
Posts: 7188
Joined: 1:51am, Wed 15 Mar, 2006

working fine

Postby a8le » 3:35am, Wed 28 Feb, 2007

after taking your advice, and disabling the FCK editor... all the links are working fine. :lol:

thank you,
a8le
a8le
phpList newbie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 4:59am, Thu 15 Feb, 2007


Return to Question & Problems - after installing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests