send email to admin upon subscription

Solutions for other phpList version 2 users
Forum rules
Please do not ask questions here, this is for Solutions you have discovered or come across.

send email to admin upon subscription

Postby geografx » 2:30am, Wed 21 Feb, 2007

I must have missed how to configure this option in the docs. Does anyone know how to enable an email to be sent to the admin (or other designated user) when someone subscribes to a list with the information they have submitted?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Barbara
geografx
phpList newbie

Postby H2B2 » 2:55am, Wed 21 Feb, 2007

You should find this on the configuration page:
Person in charge of this system
This will usually be the email address of a superadmin or webmaster. Notifications of subscriptions, subscription confirmations, changes in user preferences, etc. will be sent to this email address, along with the addresses defined in People to CC in system emails setting.

# edit Person in charge of this system (one email address)
webmaster@demo.phplist.com

Source: http://docs.phplist.com/ConfigurePhplistInfo
H2B2

Postby geografx » 3:13am, Wed 21 Feb, 2007

hmmm... thanks for the quick response!!!

any idea why that would not be working??

Barbara
geografx
phpList newbie

Postby H2B2 » 12:15am, Sat 24 Feb, 2007

On the same configuration page, did you check that "Does the admin get copies of subscribe, update and unsubscribe messages (0/1)" is set to true?

I suppose you already checked that test mode is disabled in config.php.
H2B2

Postby geografx » 12:52am, Sat 24 Feb, 2007

well that was it -

On the same configuration page, did you check that "Does the admin get copies of subscribe, update and unsubscribe messages (0/1)" is set to true?

Everything looks like it's working as expected now.

Thanks so much for your help, I really appreciate it.

Barbara
geografx
phpList newbie

Where do I change admin email adresses?

Postby spydr » 5:09am, Tue 27 Feb, 2007

Hi,

I found the help page and blurb about "Person in Charge of the System", but I don't see it anywhere in the existing files. Someone else set this up, I don't know PHP well, and there are a ton of php files there - I've scanned through maybe 10 of them [config.php, etc.) looking for somewhere to enter the address, then figured that since I'm not getting paid for this, it would be easier to just post and hope someone knows the answer...

Which file(s) to I need to change to have subscription requests sent directly to the admin's personal email?

Got a general error trying to post just now, so I'll spell the URL out: 24hoursoncraigslist [dot] com [slash] lists [slash] ?p=subscribe

Thanks
spydr
phpList newbie

Return to Answers, Howtos, Tips & Tricks