Color of links in HTML messages

Once you've installed phpList Version 2... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation. This is for Version 2 of phpList (the orange one).

Color of links in HTML messages

Postby lsander » 8:22pm, Mon 26 Feb, 2007

I'm using the standard format for HTML messages, and I like it, with one exception:

The links are orange before they have been visited, but afterward they turn a color that is hard to distinguish from the rest of the text in the message. In that situation, it is hard to see them as links.

How do I change the color of the visited link? (Orange would be OK, the same as unvisited links. So would red, or green, etc.)
lsander
PL Geek

Postby H2B2 » 10:46pm, Mon 26 Feb, 2007

I guess you can find out by taking a look at the html source code of your message.
H2B2

Postby lsander » 3:19am, Tue 27 Feb, 2007

Don't know where to find that.
lsander
PL Geek

Postby lsander » 2:36pm, Tue 27 Feb, 2007

Found it! Thanks for the tip.

It was on the configuration page, under "CSS for HTML messages without a template."

I changed the number after "a:visited" from 666666 to 33cc00. That makes visited links green instead of gray, and makes 'em much easier to distinguish, IMHO.
lsander
PL Geek

Postby David Darrow » 12:43am, Thu 01 Mar, 2007

lsander wrote:It was on the configuration page, under "CSS for HTML messages without a template."

Does anyone know how to affect HTML formatted templates? Since it appears am only including everything between the <body> tags, where do I insert CSS designations to affect a certain template?

I'd like for a template to have a whole styles section, like
Code: Select all
<style>
.floatleft { float: left; margin-right: 15px; margin-bottom: 2px; }
.floatleft1 { border: 1px solid #000; float: left; margin-right: 15px; margin-bottom: 2px; }
.floatright { float: right; margin-left: 15px; margin-bottom: 2px; }
.floatright1 { border: 1px solid #000; float: right; margin-left: 15px; margin-bottom: 2px; }
</style>
But I don't know where to put it.

--David
David Darrow
phpLister

Re: Color of links in HTML messages

Postby Doooford » 3:35pm, Tue 25 Nov, 2014

Thank you for this post, the fact all links seemed to adjust to tiny orange writing even when it didn't fit with the HTML formatting and colour schemes did my head in. Now it's solved. Amazing!

I never understand why the updates never seem to address this kind of thing?? Also why more peolple don't have an issue, and even more so why orange??
Doooford
phpLister

Return to Question & Problems - after installing