Anyone know how to unblacklist a user? [solved]

Solutions for other phpList version 2 users
Forum rules
Please do not ask questions here, this is for Solutions you have discovered or come across.

Anyone know how to unblacklist a user? [solved]

Postby urbanone » 3:14am, Fri 19 May, 2006

I was testing the unsubscribe section in my set up using a client's email address - I have tried to add this user back to my list which is no problem but cannot remove the 'blacklisting' this user now has.

Does anyone know how to reset the attribute for an individual user address?
urbanone
phpList newbie

Postby urbanone » 6:41am, Fri 19 May, 2006

Ok solved my own question - luckily I have a phpMyAdmin facility as part of my server package so it made life easier > I went into it, clicked on databases and opened my phpList database > in this is a list for php_user_blacklist - I browsed this file and found my blacklisted user and removed the user from the list...
urbanone
phpList newbie

Postby H2B2 » 12:32pm, Fri 19 May, 2006

Admin offers the possibility to un-blacklist a user. You should find this option in Admin-> Users -> click on blacklisted user -> History. The rest is obvious when you see it.
H2B2

Blacklisting

Postby dsudak » 4:52pm, Tue 06 Mar, 2007

Thanks for the info. How does a user get blacklisted anyway? I noticed one of our subscribers was blacklisted but I never did anything to blacklist them. Is that something psp list does for some reason?
dsudak
phpList newbie

Postby H2B2 » 6:12pm, Tue 06 Mar, 2007

A user's email address will get on the blacklist when he/she unsubscribes. This should ensure a user will not get any more unwanted messages.
H2B2

Postby David Darrow » 7:41pm, Thu 26 Apr, 2007

You can also copy their e-mail address from their record, noting what list(s) they are subscribed to, then change their blacklisted status from 1 to 0, or alternately, delete their record and manually add them again with a Paste, and change confirmed to 1 instead of 0
David Darrow
phpLister

Return to Answers, Howtos, Tips & Tricks