The page cannot be displayed - Cannot change anything

Once you've installed phpList Version 2... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation. This is for Version 2 of phpList (the orange one).

The page cannot be displayed - Cannot change anything

Postby helppls » 6:18pm, Wed 07 Mar, 2007

To start with my problems.
The login -- The normal login is www.abc.com/lists/admin if I try to login (admin/phplist) it will give me a "The page cannot be displayed" but if I login www.abc.com/lists/admin/index.php I can login and all looks fine. It did the Creating tables with no problems, I continued with the setup and went directly to change the admin password. After changing the password I clicked "save changes" it took me to the same The page cannot be displayed.

I have tried to change other things also and having the same problem The page cannot be displayed page.

I have changed the premissions to full and read write nothing helped!

One thing was unclear in the setup was the other files in the zip folder. Should I put them on the server also? (bin file, scripts file, readme files)

What are those files for?

Please any help. I know I'm just looking over something.
helppls
phpList newbie

Postby H2B2 » 7:31pm, Thu 08 Mar, 2007

You might take a look at http://docs.phplist.com/PhplistTroubleshooting and in particular the paragraphs regarding the HTTP 404 and 500 errors.
H2B2

Return to Question & Problems - after installing