How to Stop/Cancel automatic Membership Reminders

Once you've installed phpList Version 2... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation. This is for Version 2 of phpList (the orange one).

How to Stop/Cancel automatic Membership Reminders

Postby DTCAN » 7:25pm, Thu 01 Mar, 2007

Some of the recipients of my maillist are annoyed that they keep receiving regular Membership Reminder Emails.

How do I STOP (pause or terminate) this feature in PHPList?

I have searched everywhere in the Admin and Configuration settings and cannot find any control over this built-in function.
DTCAN
phpList newbie

Postby michiel » 11:53pm, Thu 01 Mar, 2007

phplist doesn't do that. Sounds like you're running mailman instead, which sends those reminders every 1st of the month
michiel
Admin

Agreed

Postby robi2106 » 8:31pm, Wed 07 Mar, 2007

michiel wrote:phplist doesn't do that. Sounds like you're running mailman instead, which sends those reminders every 1st of the month

I am running mailman for the front end subscribe, etc and am testing out PHPList for the throttled sending (mailman wins on everything EXCEPT not supporting throttled sending, at least not on a shared hosting service).

The email reminders is easy to turn off. The very first page of the mailman config for a list has this setting. Just search on the page for reminders and then set it to off.

jason
robi2106
PL Geek

Return to Question & Problems - after installing