Reload during batch proccess queue not working?

Once you've installed phpList Version 2... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation. This is for Version 2 of phpList (the orange one).

Reload during batch proccess queue not working?

Postby bradlawson » 4:12am, Sun 04 Mar, 2007

I installed it the brand new php list fresh and it has not worked for me yet. I have about 10k user list to email out and I have it set to send 480 every 3600 sec(hour) and it sends the first batch and the screen with the bar stays up but it never processes the rest of the queue, i have to click process queue to get it to send the next batch. I might be missing something but batch process is enabled so I don’t' know what else it could be. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Brad
bradlawson
phpList newbie

Postby H2B2 » 9:59am, Sun 04 Mar, 2007

Your server is probably running PHP-cgi, so you would need to set the reload parameter in your crontab file as described in the "Cron job with batch processing (PHP-cgi)" example of http://docs.phplist.com/CronJobExamples

Alternatively, you could disable batch processing and just use the mailqueue throttle setting to limit the number of sent messages per hour to 480.
H2B2

So are you i am confused about option 1 and 2?

Postby bradlawson » 4:43pm, Sun 04 Mar, 2007

From what is looks like it seems option two makes more sense and is easier. If i just send 1 messeage every 8 secs it will not send more then 480 per hour right? I just set MAILQUEUE_BATCH_SIZE",0) and set MAILQUEUE_THROTTLE',8); and it should work right even though i having that reload problem?

Thanks,

Brad
bradlawson
phpList newbie

Postby snoopy » 6:10pm, Mon 12 Mar, 2007

I have a similar problem

H2B2 wrote:...Alternatively, you could disable batch processing and just use the mailqueue throttle setting to limit the number of sent messages per hour to 480.

Does this mean, my browser window has to stay open? Can I turn off my computer with your proposed second alternative?
snoopy
PL Geek

Postby H2B2 » 10:10pm, Mon 12 Mar, 2007

A cron job is executed on the server without you needing to do anything with your browser, except placing messages in the message queue.
For more info, please consult the docs, e.g.:
- http://docs.phplist.com/ProcessQueueInfo
- http://docs.phplist.com/SetupCronJob
H2B2

Postby snoopy » 11:06am, Tue 13 Mar, 2007

Hi H2B2

thanks for the quick answer, but I meant in this thread throttled sending without a cron job
snoopy
PL Geek

Return to Question & Problems - after installing