Did this message send... Or not?

Once you've installed phpList Version 2... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation. This is for Version 2 of phpList (the orange one).

Did this message send... Or not?

Postby kllw » 11:15pm, Tue 20 Mar, 2007

I am at a loss here, and any input would be greatly appreciated.

This afternoon I sent out two "test" messages to my test list. I have six email accounts on this list, and my partner has two. We both received both of the messages in all of the accounts they were sent to.

I then sent out the real message, my first one, to my production list of 131 accounts. Three of my accounts and my partner's two accounts are on this list as well. I received several bounces and one out of office reply, but none of my three or his two accounts have actually received the message.

The event log shows all sends as successful. The bounces and out of office reply seem to indicate the message sends were successful. But I did not get any of them... I have verified that my accounts are on the list, and it does show that it sent that particular message to me.

Help.
kllw
phpLister

Postby SaWey » 11:23pm, Tue 20 Mar, 2007

Hey,

I think I have the same problem for about a month or so. I don't know what it could be and would like to find the answer.

Do you have some kind of filter at your mailbox perhaps?
Like a spam filter or other?

It is very weird because I don't get the emails, but I do get the test-mails (only text version, even I am set to receive html and the test mail is sent out with html) and process-queue-log.
SaWey
PL Master

Postby kllw » 11:37pm, Tue 20 Mar, 2007

It's not the spam filter. The three test accounts I am using are on three different domains, and the two belonging to my partner are on two others.

I just contacted another person on the list, who is not on the test list, and he received the message. Is there perhaps a conflict between the two lists?
kllw
phpLister

Postby SaWey » 1:06am, Wed 21 Mar, 2007

I don't know,
you might try to delete your account and add it again, but to only one list?
SaWey
PL Master

Postby kllw » 1:49am, Wed 21 Mar, 2007

I removed it and re-added it to the test list and another new list I set up. Two accounts on both lists, two additional accounts on only the new list. I sent to the test list and got two successes; I send to the new list and got four successes.

Heck, I don't know what the deal is here.

I've now removed all of the addresses from the test list, and will see what it does on the next scheduled mailing, next week.
kllw
phpLister

Postby SaWey » 2:42am, Wed 21 Mar, 2007

This is realy weird
SaWey
PL Master

Postby kllw » 6:28pm, Wed 28 Mar, 2007

The newsletter was sent out yesterday evening without incident. I removed all accounts from the test list, and also marked it inactive, prior to sending.
kllw
phpLister

Return to Question & Problems - after installing