HELP!! How to make a Cron Job Work using iPowerWeb as ISP

Once you've installed phpList Version 2... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation. This is for Version 2 of phpList (the orange one).

HELP!! How to make a Cron Job Work using iPowerWeb as ISP

Postby KRW Knitwear Studio » 10:48pm, Thu 05 Apr, 2007

I am hoping that someone can help me!

I tried to use the instructions that on on the topic
How to make PHPlist work with Cron Jobs
(it wont let me post a URL yet)

But the Crontab.txt is having issues.

First after talking to only one person who knows anything about Cron Jobs at iPower, I discovered that in the Cpanel, I set up the hour and day to run the job. The txt file can only call the file it is to run.

But for some reason, it cannot find the file. I have it in my list directory, and in talking to the ISP it is calling it correctly...

DOes anyone here use Ipower and have a cron job running successfully? I have 945 members on my list, and currently have it running manually right now.. it will take 31.5 hours to run now.... with my browser window open!

Thanks in advance....
KRW Knitwear Studio
phpLister

Postby KRW Knitwear Studio » 10:52pm, Thu 05 Apr, 2007

I though I should add, this is what the email I get that erros out on me says...

/home/krwknitw/public_html/crontab.txt: /home/public_html/lists/admin/index.php: not found

THe weird part is that on the second path.. the krwknitw is there in the phplist.php file that is called. I have checked it twice now....
KRW Knitwear Studio
phpLister

Postby H2B2 » 10:53pm, Thu 05 Apr, 2007

If you have command line access to the server, you might try the procedure for setting up cron jobs described in http://docs.phplist.com/SetupCronJob
H2B2

Postby KRW Knitwear Studio » 10:54pm, Thu 05 Apr, 2007

Oh and I forgot to ask too...

on the processing Queue windo it now says, "It is safe to click your "stop" button now, report will be sent by email to [email address]". Does that mean I can close the browser? Even though the bar still says do not interupt?
KRW Knitwear Studio
phpLister

Postby KRW Knitwear Studio » 10:55pm, Thu 05 Apr, 2007

H2B2 wrote:If you have command line access to the server, you might try the procedure for setting up cron jobs described in

Ipower doesnt give you that capability otherwise I would have gone that way.
KRW Knitwear Studio
phpLister

Return to Question & Problems - after installing