[plugin] PBTS_XTRA - Mulitple Content Areas in Template

3rd party code for phpList

can't get pbts_xtra working

Postby rkroll » 8:47pm, Wed 30 May, 2007

Hi,
I'm new at all of this, but I think I've followed all of the installation instructions carefully. I have the 2 regular php plugins showing up on the right menu and at the bottom of the phplist home page, but no pbts_xtra plugin. the pbts files are in a subfolder of the plugins folder in admin. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
rkroll
phpList newbie

Can send tests but nothing to lists with this plugin.

Postby ChurchTech » 6:45am, Sun 02 Sep, 2007

System (dedicated small business server):
Apache/2.0.52
PHP/4.3.9(cgi)
MySQL/4.1.20
phplist/2.10.4

I would like to know if anyone has had this problem using this plugin. I was excited when it installed easily and my test e-mails worked great. However, when I try to send a new message containing PBTS_XTRA tags to a test list via the process queue I get this from the send message queue:

Started
Processing has started, 1 message(s) to process.
It is safe to click your "stop" button now, report will be sent by email to webmaster...
Processing message 64
Looking for users
Found them: 2 to process
Script stage: 4
Finished, Nothing to do
Finished, All done

All other phplist tests and list sends (text only, plain html, template html) have gone well. I can take the same template that fails, strip the PBTS_XTRA tags and it goes out to the list as expected (without the desired content of course). Can anyone tell me what "Script stage: 4" is? What are the differences between using the "Send Test" function and the way the "Process Queue" works. I have batch processing turned off and no throttling. I've tried a few different settings there but everything I have tried works without the tags present and fails when they are. Until I know more about the failure I'm not sure where to continue troubleshooting.
Regards,
Aaron O.
ChurchTech
phpList newbie

Postby kev@num » 1:47pm, Tue 11 Sep, 2007

i found a solution to my problem, i used GD Library so that i can include text grabbed from a database within pbts,

there's only one bug i seem to be getting, when i go to the message editor it lists all my fields as input boxes correctly, however it seems to list them in a random order, not in the order they appear in my template, or alphabetically.. is there a way to change this?

here's one of my pbts_xtra bit's incase i'm doing something wrong:-

Code: Select all
[pbts_if condition="defined" name="rel1id"]

[PBTS_XTRA name="rel1id" type="text" displayname="Product ID1" required="no" size="60" rows="1" cols="60" paragraph="never" description="Product ID1" style=""]

[/pbts_if]

thanks in advance,
kev
:)

edit:-

Just found the TabIndex setting, i'll try that me thinks!!!!

:D
kev@num
phpLister

Re: Can send tests but nothing to lists with this plugin.

Postby kev@num » 11:18am, Wed 24 Oct, 2007

ChurchTech wrote:System (dedicated small business server):
Apache/2.0.52
PHP/4.3.9(cgi)
MySQL/4.1.20
phplist/2.10.4

I would like to know if anyone has had this problem using this plugin. I was excited when it installed easily and my test e-mails worked great. However, when I try to send a new message containing PBTS_XTRA tags to a test list via the process queue I get this from the send message queue:

hmm, i seem to have a simimlar problem! Did you manage to fix this? or does anyone else know what's happening? I seem to be able to send test emails fine with or without PBTS tags and they work perfectly..

When i try and send either a normal or PBTS email to a list nothing turns up... i checked the eventlog and It does this:

Found them: 2 to process
Looking for users
Processing message 288
It is safe to click your "stop" button now, report will be sent by email to ###
Processing has started, 1 message(s) to process.

But nothing else.. Any ideas what might be happening, or if i've missed something fromthe install?
(it's wierd though as test messages work perfectly.

thanks in advance.
kev@num
phpLister

Postby kev@num » 12:21pm, Tue 30 Oct, 2007

well, i didn't find a fix for my previous post, but i re-installed phplist (the latest version) and PBTS and it all seems to work fine now.

:)
kev@num
phpLister

pbts_xtra help

Postby kikibig » 3:41pm, Wed 26 Mar, 2008

Greetings,
I've been using phplist for about a year now and it works very good. I have this mod installed and I am trying to understand it. The help seems to have been deleted. When I access the help files and try to figure out how to put the tags in the content area, this sentence abruptly ends:
Message Content

To use your Template in a mailing all you need to is create a Message in the usual phpList way with the additional step of marking portions of the Content to match your custom Content Regions.

Backstory: phpList has exactly one Content "chunk" per email. Thus, we need to subdivide this Content by marking the beginning and ending of our custom Content Regions. We do this thusly:

Now, doing this by hand might be tedious and error prone. Also, you might overlook some of your Template's Content Regions. To mitigate this a bit pbts_xtra offers it's own editor. This editor reads your Template and creates an entry field for each Content Region.

So how exactly to you put the tags in a message?

Thanks in advance.

Keith
kikibig
phpLister

Postby burlster » 4:05pm, Wed 26 Mar, 2008

i know it may not sound particularly helpful, but i found the best wasy was to sort of reverse engineer the sample template the author created. Ive managed to get this working with around 30 sperate content areas, nothing complex but certainly works a treat.

Also check out the authors website, pizza by the slice, which certainly until recently had a guid on usig this
burlster
phpList newbie

Postby ties » 5:55pm, Tue 15 Apr, 2008

Hello,

Hopefully someone will read this and be able to help me. If ANYONE could help I would be greatly appreciative. So, I've installed this plugin and everything works fine. I can see it in my plugin list and I have been able to create templates with it. Now, when I go to send a message (send a message) the form will come up with the headers (content, format, scheduling, etc.) but there will be nothing below it. Does anyone have an ideas as to what I may have done?

Thanks!
ties
phpList newbie

Please Help deadline approaching

Postby aharrington » 5:14pm, Thu 24 Apr, 2008

I have followed the instructions provided but this plugin appears to not be installed properly. To begin with, I have no plugin menu on the right side. :shock:
Where can I look? Someone please point me in the right direction.

Updated: Ok, I found out I needed to uncomment the root directory definition in the config file. I now see the default plugins, but not pbts_xtra
aharrington
phpList newbie

export message?

Postby jaapandre » 12:42pm, Fri 13 Jun, 2008

I'm investigating pbts_extra, but......
I'm using some exotic method to show the last send message by phplist at a website (basically: select message from phplist_message where id=$lastId)

If i use pbts_extra I get a message like
[PBTS_EXTRA NAME="title"]Een leuke custom titel[/PBTS_EXTRA]

etc

is there an easy way to convert this to the correct message?
I tried some quick and dirty hacks and viewed the php-code for a short while, but I'm afraid that some global variables are wrong....

$template=<<<EOF
\n <td><font>Having trouble viewing this special message from <b>Charles Phoenix\\'s</b>
&quot;Slid\n To ensure that emails from Charles are delivered to your inbox, please add <knip>
EOF;

include_once '$path/plugins/pbts_xtra/pbts_xtra.inc.php';
$htmlmessage = pbts_replace_content( $htmlcontent, $template );

But i think this is a little to quick and dirty?
Help? :wink:

Jaap-Andre
jaapandre
phpList newbie

Problem with templates

Postby Guest » 5:26am, Thu 16 Oct, 2008

When I try to see the templates, all I get is a white text with black background saying "Title Action".

And that´s all.

Any idea?

Postby Guest » 4:54pm, Sat 25 Oct, 2008

OldJoe wrote:(I'm posting this here too, just in case carterco isn't checking his email)

Hi there,

I just recently installed PHPList and this plugin, but I am having one minor problem.

When I type in stuff into the "Main Content" area and send the mail, it outputs a ">" after every other linebreak, like this:

Text line 1
>

Text line 2
>

Text line3

And so on. Does anyone know what is causing this? I am currently using the sample template.

Thanks in advance for any help.

EDIT:

I think I know why this is happening (although I have no clue how to fix it):

You get the problem when:
1. Image Caption has apostrophes, but Main Content does not.
2. Main Content has apostrophes, but Image Caption does not.

Everything works fine if:
1. Image Caption and Main Content have no apostrophes.
2. Both Main Content and Image Caption has apostrophes.

It seems to occurr a bit random/sporadic sometimes. Any clue how on earth you could fix this?

First of all: GREAT PLUGIN !!

I have only one problem keeping me from launching this. The problem is exactly the same as OldJoe describes above.

Example:
Following code is entered in content area A:
<li>test 1</li>
<li>test 2</li>

OutputL
- test 1
>
- test 2
>

This happens for the first test email send.
The second test email then shows the content correctly as:

- test 1
- test 2

Any idea how this can be fixed?

Thanks !

useful feature

Postby okker » 4:24pm, Fri 31 Oct, 2008

Hi everyone,

I created a solution for a link to an online version of a message with pbts_xtra.

http://forums.phplist.com/viewtopic.php?p=55553#55553

this is the topic.
okker
phpLister

How to send message?

Postby Guest » 6:54am, Tue 13 Jan, 2009

Hi there,

I already installed the script PBTS_Xtra but and it looks like my template is working but the problem, I dont know how to send message using the template. I tried to click "send message" under "list" but it won't work.
It shows this message:
"To send a message fill out the information below. The minimum requirement for a valid message is the information in the "Content" tab. Make sure to save your changes before going to a new tab or they will be lost. To finish your message and send it for real, choose the "Lists" tab, select your lists and click the button "Send Message to Selected Mailinglists"

And after that blank?
Could you tell me where is the problem?

I just want to test the template. thanks btw

I have the same problem

Postby Guest » 7:22am, Tue 13 Jan, 2009

ties wrote:Hello,

Hopefully someone will read this and be able to help me. If ANYONE could help I would be greatly appreciative. So, I've installed this plugin and everything works fine. I can see it in my plugin list and I have been able to create templates with it. Now, when I go to send a message (send a message) the form will come up with the headers (content, format, scheduling, etc.) but there will be nothing below it. Does anyone have an ideas as to what I may have done?

Thanks!

Hi there,

I have the same problem with you. Have you solved your own? Could you tell me where should I fix? Thanks mate

PreviousNext

Return to Contributions: Plug-ins, Add-ons, Mods