How to verify email in phplist?

Questions about phpList features (the answer is probably 'Yes!')
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation. This is for Version 2 of phpList (the orange one).

How to verify email in phplist?

Postby mlier » 5:47pm, Mon 12 Nov, 2007

Is it possible to verify email in phplist?

By verify I mean : Addresses for email are extracted from a Domain Naming Server (DNS) and phplist could try to connect with SMTP-servers and simulates the sending of a message. It does not send the message though - phplist could disconnect as soon as the mail server informs the program whether the address exists or not.

Then before sending email, phplist user could check the validity of emails database.

Regards.
mlier
phpLister

Postby H2B2 » 9:13pm, Thu 15 Nov, 2007

Have you looked at the "Find users who have an invalid email" function on the 'reconcile' users page?
Ref: http://docs.phplist.com/ReconcileUsersInfo
H2B2

Postby imrankhan » 7:49am, Fri 23 Nov, 2007

I already know about that but I want to control these things at the time of form submitting.
imrankhan
phpList newbie

Re: How to verify email in phplist?

Postby Helveticus » 12:06pm, Tue 13 Aug, 2013

I have the same problem. I sent 10'000 mails and 10% were bounces, so I got a warning from Amazon SES.

Now I will check all mail addresses in the database before sending additional mails (in total 100'000 mails). With the "Find users who have an invalid email" option I only get 300 users.

Is there a possibility to verify the mail addresses to decrease the bounce rate as the thread starter said?
Helveticus
PL Geek

Return to Does phpList do this?