"emailconfirm" Field on subscribe page

Once you've installed phpList Version 2... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation. This is for Version 2 of phpList (the orange one).

"emailconfirm" Field on subscribe page

Postby TeamJH » 7:22pm, Sat 17 Nov, 2007

I am doing the "Display email confirmation" for the subscribe page, yet when I go to view it, the field next to the textline is blank instead of saying something like "Confirm Email". Also, in the code when I view the source code, the "addFieldToCheck("emailconfirm","");" is shown as such instead of something like "addFieldToCheck("emailconfirm","Email again");". What do I have to do to correct these two items? I'm feel reasonably certain it is something as easy as adding a line or two in the english.inc file. Am I on the right track?

The URL to view what I mean is at mma-westsiders dot com slash lists slash.

Thank you in advance,

P.S. Why isn't the CSS showing up in my web browser? I'm not getting any styles at all.
TeamJH
phpLister

Postby H2B2 » 1:30pm, Sun 18 Nov, 2007

This is the string you should find in the english.inc file of the 2.10.5 distribution archive:
Code: Select all
$strConfirmEmail        = 'Confirm your email address';

About the styles, you are using tree css stylesheets:
<title>Subscribe to our MMA of AZ - WestSiders District Newsletter</title>
<link href="styles/phplist.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet">
<link href="http://www.mma-westsiders.com/css/2ColFixedLeft.css"
       type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" />
<link href="http://www.mma-westsiders.com/css/suckerdivMenu.css"
       type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" />
. What's relevant for the subscribe page are the css classes and elements defined in phplist.css.
H2B2

Postby TeamJH » 10:13pm, Sun 18 Nov, 2007

Thank you, H2B2!!! Silly me, there it was in the english.inc file. Now all I'll have to do is add that line to the english-usa.inc file. That is the file that I am actually using.

The other two CSS files listed are for the general look of the web page. Are you saying that I should have the code that is in them inserted into the phplist.css instead?

Thanks again and if that don't completely help me, you can be sure that "I'll be back".
TeamJH
phpLister

BUG in display confirm email (emailconfirm) in 2.10.5

Postby jsherk » 6:53pm, Fri 28 Dec, 2007

Found a BUG...

Although the $strConfirmEmail has been added to the language .inc files in 2.10.5, there is still a bug that creates a problem in the javascript...

If you enter something in the Email field, and leave the Confirm Email field blank, it will say: "Please enter your" but it won't tell you what to enter... it is not displaying the $strConfirmEmail for some reason when the javascript is created.

I did some searching and found the problem...

In the admin/subscribelib2.php file, on line 702, it reads as follows:

$GLOBALS["strConfirmEmail"],htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($_REQUEST["emailconfirm"])),$textlinewidth, $GLOBALS["$strConfirmEmail"]);

The problem is that the second $GLOBALS contains $strConfirmEmail with a $ in front of it. There should be no $ in front of strConfirmEmail.

Corrected code:
$GLOBALS["strConfirmEmail"],htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($_REQUEST["emailconfirm"])),$textlinewidth, $GLOBALS["strConfirmEmail"]);

This fixes the bug in 2.10.5.
jsherk
PL Geek

Postby jsherk » 7:08pm, Fri 28 Dec, 2007

Submitted the above bug to the mantis bug tracker:
http://mantis.phplist.com/view.php?id=12800
jsherk
PL Geek

Return to Question & Problems - after installing