test mail in yahoo doesn't work

Advanced Questions & Problems

test mail in yahoo doesn't work

Postby sudhakar » 11:42am, Thu 29 May, 2008

hi guys,

im trying for a lot but it doesn't work..

i create a new message in html - and sent a test message.

in the beginning it works fine - i receive a test & a html-mail. After a few steps,i receive only a text-test message. phplist doesn't send the html-test-mail..

if i try to send the test mail to a particular list means it will delivers the test mail for only one time, in next time it shows 0(zero) users in the process queue, then fail to send the test mail and also in yahoo the test mail is delivered as a spam only

another mails working fine but i can able to send the test mail for only one time to a list

any one can help me plz...
thanks
sudhakar
phpList newbie

Postby J_S » 3:25pm, Thu 29 May, 2008

mmhh
what does the 'eventlog' says?
that might give a clue
J_S
Admin

Postby sudhakar » 2:20pm, Fri 30 May, 2008

hi ,
thanks for ur reply. today what i found that actually all mails from my domain is delivered as a spam in yahoo(i checked it by using mail function). so its a domain problem.

suppose if i created a user in a list and send a test mail to that particular user(not using list), then only the newsletter delivers in two formats (text and html). if i send a mail by selecting a list means it delivers in single format (html). so this error also cleared. but still i have some problems

i can able to send the newletter to a list for one time only, next time it doesn't send the mail. what the event log says is

Processed 0 out of 0 users or Found them: 0 to process

after that if the newsletter delivered as a spam in yahoo, the css apllied only for the yahoo.co.in mails(delivered as a html mail) but for the yahoo.com the css is missing (jpeg and styles are missing). i.e the mail is delivered as a text mail.

what can i do plz help me......
sudhakar
phpList newbie

Re: test mail in yahoo doesn't work

Postby H2B2 » 4:31am, Sat 31 May, 2008

sudhakar wrote:if i try to send the test mail to a particular list means it will delivers the test mail for only one time, in next time it shows 0(zero) users in the process queue, then fail to send the test mail
That is normal phplist behaviour when sending to a list, considering that all users on the list should only receive the same message once. Only new users will get the message you try to resend, not those that already received it.
As phplist will check for the message ID, and not the content of the message, you'll need to create a new message (not edit a message you already sent).

Alternatively, you could enable the 'repeat' (or 'repetition'?) feature in config.php.
H2B2

Postby bzcoder » 8:59pm, Wed 04 Jun, 2008

sudhakar wrote:hi ,

after that if the newsletter delivered as a spam in yahoo, the css apllied only for the yahoo.co.in mails(delivered as a html mail) but for the yahoo.com the css is missing (jpeg and styles are missing). i.e the mail is delivered as a text mail.

what can i do plz help me......

Don't use CSS in email.

Yahoo, gmail, and hotmail all have trouble with this.

Code your HTML like it's 1980, not 2008 - tables for formatting not css styles.
bzcoder
PL Geek

Postby khan2ims » 6:56pm, Fri 01 Aug, 2008

So does it mean that we can't use CSS at all, for purposes like using sprites for <ul> <li>list ??
khan2ims
PL Nut

Return to Advanced Questions & Problems