[solved] attachment repository does not exist

Solutions for other phpList version 2 users
Forum rules
Please do not ask questions here, this is for Solutions you have discovered or come across.

[solved] attachment repository does not exist

Postby Cornwell » 7:47pm, Fri 26 Oct, 2007

After upgrading from 2.10.4 to 2.10.5 I got the following error messages on a couple of accounts:
Warning: open_basedir restrictions are in effect, which may be the cause of the next warning.
Warning: The attachment repository does not exist or is not writable.

The solution, I found, was due to something odd in my config.php ; for some reason the following line was there:
define("ALLOW_ATTACHMENTS",5);

Now the documentation says
# attachments is a new feature and is currently still experimental
# set this to 1 if you want to try it

from which I infer that the expected options are 0 and 1. Why this should be 5 I do not know. (In the other case it was 2.)
Anyhow, setting this parameter to 0 solved it. I did not want to use attachments.

I infer, though I don't know where to look in the code, that previous versions checked for $ALLOW_ATTACHMENTS == 1 and that the latest version checks for $ALLOW_ATTACHMENTS <> 0 -- at least that would explain what I have seen.
Cornwell
PL Geek

Re: attachment repository does not exist => resolved

Postby H2B2 » 4:48pm, Sun 28 Oct, 2007

Cornwell wrote:
Warning: open_basedir restrictions are in effect, which may be the cause of the next warning.
Warning: The attachment repository does not exist or is not writable.
For an explanation of these warning messages, see the troubleshooting documentation.

See also viewtopic.php?p=34198#p34198
H2B2

Postby Cornwell » 5:19pm, Sun 28 Oct, 2007

I had consulted the troubleshooting guide though my post did not make this clear. Since I did not need to use attachments I took the easy way out and changed the config file to disable this feature.

I entered the post in case anybody else was scratching their head, as I was, wondering why this message had suddenly appeared after the upgrade.
Cornwell
PL Geek

Postby Guest » 9:08pm, Wed 13 Aug, 2008

Thank you, I've been searching for a solution to this same problem all afternoon.

Return to Answers, Howtos, Tips & Tricks