[mod] Confirmation emails in HTML format

3rd party code for phpList

Re: I've used this code to allow html system messages

Postby Guest » 11:17pm, Thu 06 Nov, 2008

mmalists01 wrote:
--------------------------------------------
Update -- this is crazy -- I have been importing my emails with the "import emails with different values for attributes." option since I want to include each person's location. I tried an import with just email address, using the "import emails with the same values for attributes." option, and lo and behold, the confirmation email is perfect. So what's going on that the one confirmation doesn't strip the \s, but the other does. :?: I guess I'm going to have to go ahead with just email addresses.

I can confirm that I have exactly the same problem in 2.10.7

Seems like the addition of a "stripslashes" got missed somewhere... I'm looking and will report back.

Steve

Re: I've used this code to allow html system messages

Postby Guest » 11:51pm, Thu 06 Nov, 2008

WOOOOOHOOOOOO! Found it! mmalist01 pay attention! This one is for you :D

sweigold wrote:
I can confirm that I have exactly the same problem in 2.10.7

Seems like the addition of a "stripslashes" got missed somewhere... I'm looking and will report back.

This is exactly what is going on. The import of differing attributes is handled by

lists\admin\commonlib\pages\importcsv.php

In that file buried deep in the tree long about line 660 you'll find the wayward subscribe message. Give it the same stripslashes treatment used elsewhere.

Here's my modified code.

Code: Select all
        if (!TEST && $_SESSION["notify"] == "yes" && $addition) {
          $subscribemessage = ereg_replace('\[LISTS\]', $listoflists, getUserConfig("subscribemessage", $userid));
          $subscribemessage = stripslashes($subscribemessage); // Needed so html email will display properly; ie converts " to "
          if (function_exists('sendmail')) {
            sendMail($user["systemvalues"]["email"], getConfig("subscribesubject"), $subscribemessage, system_messageheaders(), $envelope);
            if (isset ($_SESSION["throttle_import"])) {
              sleep($_SESSION["throttle_import"]);
            }
          }
        }

Postby Guest » 11:52pm, Thu 06 Nov, 2008

Sorry... didn't know how to make the code look better :shock:

Postby Guest » 12:12am, Fri 07 Nov, 2008

sweigold wrote:Sorry... didn't know how to make the code look better :shock:

Who cares about looks ---- :wink:

Thanks for this -- my php skills are minimal and I would never have been able to work this out.

Postby Guest » 3:58pm, Wed 12 Nov, 2008

I've just successfully upgraded to v 2.10.7 and everything appears to work perfectly except for the HTML E-Mail which is sent to users when they request their Personal Location - it remains in text since the HTML slashes are not being stripped. All other system messages e.g Confirmation/Unsubscribe are formatted fine.

I've done all the configuration in index.php admin/subscribelib2.php and admin/lib.php as suggested.

Any ideas?

Postby Guest » 4:03pm, Wed 12 Nov, 2008

I've just successfully upgraded to v 2.10.7 and everything appears to work perfectly except for the HTML E-Mail which is sent to users when they request their Personal Location - it remains in text since the HTML slashes are not being stripped. All other system messages e.g Confirmation/Unsubscribe are formatted fine.

I've done all the configuration in index.php admin/subscribelib2.php and admin/lib.php as suggested on the forum.

Any ideas?

Postby Guest » 4:22pm, Wed 12 Nov, 2008

The post on the first page of posts from RJC covers that, but you already said you made the changes to admin/subscribelib2.php. Two possibilities: one... you missed something, or two, it doesn't work in 2.10.7. I'm using 2.10.7 and I made all the changes, but I don't recall testing the personal information fix. I'll check my installation and post back.

Steve

Postby Guest » 4:32pm, Wed 12 Nov, 2008

Nope... broke here too. I'll see if I can find it.

Steve

Postby Guest » 5:07pm, Wed 12 Nov, 2008

Found it! (wooohooo, thats two for two :D )

in index.php at about line 135, look for:

sendMail ($uid[1],getConfig("personallocation_subject"),getUserConfig("personallocation_message",$uid[2]),system_messageheaders(),$GLOBALS["envelope"]);

In one fell swoop, this line gets the subject, gets the desired config email and sends it out. If we slow things down a bit, we can sneak in the necessary stripslashes. Comment out the above line of code, and put this in its place:

$personallocmessage = getUserConfig("personallocation_message",$uid[2]);
$personallocmessage = stripslashes($personallocmessage);
sendMail ($uid[1],getConfig("personallocation_subject"),$personallocmessage,system_messageheaders(),$GLOBALS["envelope"]);

Seems to work for me. I didn't do a lot of testing though so YMMV.

Steve

Postby Guest » 9:11am, Thu 13 Nov, 2008

Steve it works perfectly - thanks for your efforts I now have a perfect installation!

Much appreciated.

Kevin

Postby Guest » 3:35pm, Thu 13 Nov, 2008

cable24 wrote:Steve it works perfectly - thanks for your efforts I now have a perfect installation!

Much appreciated.

Kevin

Glad to help Kevin. Thanks for mentioning it. I'm actually very new to PHP and newer still to PHPList so I'm glad and even kind of excited to be able to give back to the group so quickly.

Steve

Re: [mod] Confirmation emails in HTML format

Postby rjc » 1:22pm, Sat 11 Jul, 2009

Just for completeness (because in my original post, I didn't list ALL the changes needed; even though I found them all, I didn't list every file on the forums. Sorry to all those who had to find them themselves), and the fact that html system emails should be standard for phplist (which I think they are still not)...

Changes made to allow System Emails to contain html

(Version 2.10.10) - It seems that this is still needed

Make changes suggested by EvilPuppetMaster first (repeated here for completeness):

In admin/lib.php

AFTER:

$destinationemail = '';

WITH:

// customisation to allow HTML in system messages
  $html_message = $message;
  $message = preg_replace('/(<script.*\/script>)|(<style.*\/style>)/i', '', $message);
  $message = preg_replace('/<a\s*.*?href\s*=\s*("|\')([^"\']*?)("|\').*?>(.*?)<\/a>/i', "$4:\n$2\n", $message);
  $message = strip_tags($message);
  // end customisation

Then perform RJC changes:

IN admin/subscribelib2.php

AFTER:
$subscribemessage = ereg_replace('\[LISTS\]', $lists, getUserConfig("subscribemessage:$id",$userid));

ADD:
$subscribemessage = stripslashes($subscribemessage);            // Needed so html email will display properly; ie converts \" to "

BEFORE:
print '<title>'.$GLOBALS["strPreferencesTitle"].'</title>';

ADD:
$message = stripslashes($message);            // Needed so html email will display properly; ie converts \" to "

IN index.php

AFTER:
$confirmationmessage = ereg_replace('\[LISTS\]', $lists, getUserConfig("confirmationmessage:$id",$userdata["id"]));

ADD:
$confirmationmessage = stripslashes($confirmationmessage);            // Needed so html email will display properly; ie converts \" to "

AFTER:
$unsubscribemessage = ereg_replace("\[LISTS\]", $lists,getUserConfig("unsubscribemessage",$userid));

ADD:
$unsubscribemessage = stripslashes($unsubscribemessage);            // Needed so html email will display properly; ie converts \" to "

REPLACE:
sendMail ($uid[1],getConfig("personallocation_subject"),getUserConfig("personallocation_message",$uid[2]),system_messageheaders(),$GLOBALS["envelope"]);

WITH:
// RJC MODIFIED - Needed so html email will display properly; ie converts \" to "
$personallocmessage = getUserConfig("personallocation_message",$uid[2]);
$personallocmessage = stripslashes($personallocmessage);
sendMail ($uid[1],getConfig("personallocation_subject"),$personallocmessage,system_messageheaders(),$GLOBALS["envelope"]);
// END RJC MODIFIED

IN admin/import1.php

AFTER:
$subscribemessage = ereg_replace('\[LISTS\]', $listoflists, getUserConfig("subscribemessage",$userid));

ADD:
$subscribemessage = stripslashes($subscribemessage);            // Needed so html email will display properly; ie converts \" to "

IN admin/import3.php

AFTER:
$subscribemessage = ereg_replace('\[LISTS\]', $listoflists, getUserConfig("subscribemessage",$userid));

ADD:

IN admin/reconcileusers.php

BEFORE:
logEvent($GLOBALS['I18N']->get('Resending confirmation request to')." ".$userdata["email"]);

ADD:

IN admin/commonlib/pages/importcsv.php

AFTER:
$subscribemessage = ereg_replace('\[LISTS\]', $listoflists, getUserConfig("subscribemessage", $userid));

ADD:
rjc
PL Nut

Postby endjo » 9:52pm, Fri 18 Sep, 2009

Hmmm not working for me ..... !
endjo
PL Nut

Postby eyemagic » 11:18pm, Wed 14 Oct, 2009

Any luck with this in v2.10.10? Doesn't seem to be working...
eyemagic
phpList newbie

Postby sardos » 9:02am, Mon 16 Nov, 2009

me neither :-(

followed the instructions to the letter...

can anyone help?
sardos
phpList newbie

PreviousNext

Return to Contributions: Plug-ins, Add-ons, Mods