sequencial autoresponder

Find a developer, service provider, or even a job!

Do you want a sequential autoresponder for phplist?

Yes
99%
No
1%

Total votes : 82

sequencial autoresponder

Postby go7 » 1:16am, Fri 13 Mar, 2009

After roaming around on the forum for some time, I would like to know, if there is any working sequential autoresponder add-on available.

Are there any plans to integrate this function into phplist? If so, what is the time frame?

If there are no plans to integrate a sequential autoresponder, nor a working solution out there, what would it cost to get this function developed, and what would be the time frame?
go7
phpList newbie

Postby CS2 » 1:03am, Sun 15 Mar, 2009

This has been attempted before with varying degrees of success. You can view this thread for details: http://forums.phplist.com/viewtopic.php?t=713

Unfortunately, from glancing at that thread it appears the previous attempts were mods of PHPlist rather than plugins and were developed for version 2.10.2 so attempts make it work with a current version of PHPlist may be difficult. In the thread, H2B2 did mention that the feature would likely be integrated into PHPlist for version 2.11.x, but I have no idea how long it will be until that version is going to be released.

If you look over that thread and don't see anything that would suit your needs, feel free to contact me about creating a sequential auto-responder as a plug-in rather than a mod so it could be easily made to work across versions of PHPlist (at least within 2.10.x).
CS2
PL Master

Postby CS2 » 3:09am, Thu 19 Mar, 2009

I'm interested in creating a sequential auto-responder feature for PHPlist, however, given that the cost of development would be fairly high for a single plug-in, I'm considering the possibility of developing it and offering it 'for sale'.

Before doing this, I need to gauge the actual interest in this plug-in and the number of people willing to pay for it.

As I've said, I would develop this as a plug-in rather than a mod of the existing code so that it could be easily moved to new versions of PHPlist.

Here are the features I'm thinking it would have:

* Independent message processing automated via a cron job
* Admin interface that allows control of the following settings:
- Which lists have auto-responders
- Which messages are included in each auto-responder
- The order in which they are sent
- The delay between each responder

I would also be willing to add other features if there is popular demand for them or if only one person wants a certain feature, they could pay for development after the initial plug-in is released.

If I go forward with this project, I would receive payment via PayPal.

If you are interested in this, please reply to this thread or contact me via private message, preferably along with an idea of how much you would be willing to pay for this feature. If there are enough people willing to pay for it, the individual cost should be fairly low.

[EDIT: After posting this, I realized that it might appear that I was hijacking this thread. Actually, go7 suggested this post.]
CS2
PL Master

Price maximum and language

Postby gg » 10:23am, Thu 19 Mar, 2009

Hi, I am german with only little english.
If this plugin would be usable in german or if there would be a translateable language-file easy to edit or integreate, I would be interested.

Even, what ist the maximum price for the bug-free Version?

I think, you could give the first versions free away to test, what do you meen?

Hallo,
wenn das sequentielle Autoresponder Plugin in Deutsch nutzbar wäre bzw. eine übersetzbare Sprachdatei hätte oder die Möglichkeit bieten worde, eine zweite Sprachdatei, deutsch, zu erstellen und dann einzubinden, wäre das sehr interessant.

Aber wie wäre es, das Plugin erst einmal zu erstellen und es dann hier einen begrenzten Zeitraum kostenlos zum Testen zur Verfügung zu stellen, um Feedback für Bugs zu haben?

Nette Grüsse
Gabi
gg
phpLister

Postby CS2 » 7:06pm, Thu 19 Mar, 2009

I'd consider making it translatable if there is enough interest in the feature, or if there isn't much interest, if those who would want it would be willing to pay extra to cover the additional development.

The cost of this plug-in depends entirely on the number of features I add the number of people who are interested. if there are enough who are interested, then the individual cost would be pretty low.

I'm also thinking of bundling another plug-in I developed that allows the super-admin in multi-admin setups to monitor and place limits on the email volume of the sub-admins with this one, as a bonus.
CS2
PL Master

There ist one written +implemented in v2.10.2 mantis.phplist

Postby gg » 2:59pm, Wed 25 Mar, 2009

My horror english version at the bottom...

Hallo, bitte nicht vergessen...
ES GIBT schon eine Version, aber NICHT für die aktuelle Version.
mantis.phplist.c o m / view. php?id=13518

Ist es sehr unsicher, diese Version zu nutzen (Sicherheit)?

Kann das denn niemand von Euch Programmierern in die aktuelle Version adaptieren und uns zugänglich machen ??? Ich habs mal versucht, aber bin eben gelernte Kauffrau und sehr schnell an meine "natürlichen" Grenzen gestoßen...

Freue mich, wenns hier weitergehen würde..

My horror english:

Don't forget, there is one written, implemented into Version 2.10.2, not in the actual release.

Is it to much unsecure, to use this older Version?

Is there nobody of all you programmers, who can adapt it in the actuell version?

My Job is in office and I saw very early my "natually border" as I tried it 1 year ago.

Nice to hear new applies..
gg
phpLister

Re: sequencial autoresponder

Postby CS2 » 3:18am, Wed 12 Aug, 2009

Hello all,
I have completed development of this plugin. It has the features listed in the previous post, namely:

* Independent message processing automated via a cron job
* Admin interface that allows control of the following settings:
- Which lists have auto-responders
- Which messages are included in each auto-responder
- The order in which they are sent
- The delay between each responder

It does not have any modification of core files, so it can easily be used with new versions of PHPlist. It does not have the I18N features that were discussed in this thread, though I can add that if someone would like to commission that.

I'm offering it for $25 and I prefer payment via Paypal. Please contact me via private message if you are interested in purchasing the script or commissioning additional features.

Thank you.
CS2
PL Master

Postby opt2bout » 7:19pm, Wed 12 Aug, 2009

Sounds like a great, much needed mod. Is there a chance to see this in action?
opt2bout
phpList newbie

Postby hotel » 10:48pm, Wed 12 Aug, 2009

Great. I would like to get this.
I sent you a PM. Did you get it?
hotel
phpLister

Postby CS2 » 3:17am, Thu 13 Aug, 2009

opt2about,
I will get a demo setup going in the next day or so.

Hotel,
I responded to your PM.

Thanks.
CS2
PL Master

Postby hotel » 4:46am, Thu 13 Aug, 2009

Payment has been sent via PayPal as arranged.
Thanks.
hotel
phpLister

Postby hassansr » 7:40pm, Sat 15 Aug, 2009

hotel wrote:Payment has been sent via PayPal as arranged.
Thanks.

well, did the plugin work? what version?
hassansr
PL Nut

Postby CS2 » 4:08am, Sun 16 Aug, 2009

I've setup the demo. The address is http://www.rightflyer.com/ardemo/admin/. The user/pass is ardemo/ardemo. Its a locked down login and the install is running in test mode, but you can look at the admin interface so you can see how it works. Once an autoresponder list is setup how you like, the messages go out like clockwork as long as the cron job is setup.
CS2
PL Master

Postby hassansr » 12:56pm, Sun 16 Aug, 2009

does cron have to be active for the the plugin to work? For some reason I can't get cron to work with phplist on godaddy linux shared servers, it will with infinite reponder, just not phplist.

Also, what version does this work with? I'm using 2.10.10
hassansr
PL Nut

Postby CS2 » 4:58pm, Sun 16 Aug, 2009

Yes, it does require a cron job to function correctly. However, unlike the standard PHPlist cron jobs where you actually execute a bash script with command line arguments, for this plugin you simply need to execute a PHP script.

Also, I should add a bit of instructions for the admin interface. The interface was designed with a 'drill down' system in mind, where you can keep tweaking the selected messages and send order until you're happy with it, then you're done. There's no specific 'save' button. Every time you change the messages or the send order and click "view current", it 'saves'.

Its been tested on 2.10.9 and 2.10.10; however, it should work with any recent version of PHPlist and any future version (at least on the 2.10.x branch; it has not been tested on 2.11.x).
CS2
PL Master

Next

Return to Work & Commercial Projects