[plugin] Display message open statistics

3rd party code for phpList

Re: [plugin] Display message open statistics

Postby trucmuche2005 » 9:52am, Sun 19 Dec, 2010

Hello !

I've two little suggestions for your plugin. It is nice to be able to get the list of the people who have viewed the newsletter. But it would be useful to get a list of people who didn't opened the newsletter yet to send them a little reminder...
Would it be possible to add a "download not viewed" link immediately after your "download viewed" link ?

Also, would it be possible to get those list of people as a list of email adresses separated by comma's (like "address1@email.com, address2@email.org, ...") ?
It would be really useful to copy-paste this list directly into the email program without having to reformat the output of phplist...

What do you think about this ?

Thank you very much for your nice work ! :-) Very useful !

Best regards,

Trucmuche
trucmuche2005
PL Nut

Postby duncanc » 10:56pm, Sun 19 Dec, 2010

I have enhanced the plugin and the new version is on the original posting viewtopic.php?f=7&t=748&start=60#p78805
added page of users who have clicked one of the links link in a message
added "download" to each page - viewed, not viewed, and clicked link

Will think about your other suggestion!
duncanc

Postby lindajm22 » 5:03am, Wed 22 Dec, 2010

Hi,

I am getting the same error as someone else has posted after clicking on "open statistics by message". The error says "openstats -> Sorry this page was not found in the plugin".

Below is what my folders look like:

admin
---plugins
------common
-----------Pager.php
------messagestatistics
-----------main.php
-----------openstats.php
------messagestatistics.php

From what I can tell the hierarchy looks just the way it's been posted here several times.

My hosting company uses PHP version 4.4.9, and I am using the most current version of PHPlist, 2.10.12.

I would love to get this working, but I am out of ideas on how to fix this no matter how many times I re-read this entire thread.

Thanks!

Linda
lindajm22
phpLister

Postby duncanc » 9:28am, Wed 22 Dec, 2010

lindajm22 wrote:Hi,

My hosting company uses PHP version 4.4.9, and I am using the most current version of PHPlist, 2.10.12.

My version of the plugin willl work only on PHP version >= 5, or more accurately is tested on only the version of my hosting company 5.2.13

As you are using an earlier version you should try the original plugin viewtopic.php?f=7&t=748&p=72153#p71438

Your hosting company or the contol panel that you use might allow you to select a different version of php. For example CPanel provides a PHP Configuration control that allows me to choose php 4 or php 5 to process .php files. I cannot select version 4 because of the other applications that depend on version 5.
duncanc

Postby lindajm22 » 1:44pm, Wed 22 Dec, 2010

Thanks for the reply. I do use cPanel but I don't have that ability to change my PHP version. It seems I am also having this same problem with another plugin I tried. I will try the earlier version you linked me to for this script. Thanks!
lindajm22
phpLister

Postby duncanc » 2:15pm, Wed 22 Dec, 2010

This is where the PHP configuration appears in my cPanel, just in case you are overlooking it.
ScreenShot009.gif
ScreenShot009.gif (10.33 KiB) Viewed 8433 times

Might be worth asking your hosting company if they can enable it, if the control is not present.
duncanc

Postby lindajm22 » 12:00am, Thu 23 Dec, 2010

Thank you so much for your help. I do have the "PHP Configuration" link but once inside it gives the following message:

"These PHP configuration settings are customizable by the server administrator. They are listed for reference only."

So I can view the settings, I just can't change anything. I think I may just email them and ask, but I know others have asked on their forums months ago and they've said they are not ready to make the upgrade.

I did get the old script working and that's good enough for now. Thanks again for your help.
lindajm22
phpLister

Postby muskat » 11:49am, Sun 09 Jan, 2011

I have installed this plugin and tested using a few test email addresses and all seems to work except for the 'clicked' option.

In each email I've sent to one of my test addresses, I have gone and clicked on the links but they are not showing up under the 'clicked' option. Have I missed something in setting the plugin up?

Also, the emails that have gone through as text don't get counted as viewed, but I guess that is because they are text and not HTML.

Thanks
Kat
muskat
phpList newbie

Postby duncanc » 12:28pm, Sun 09 Jan, 2011

muskat wrote:I have installed this plugin and tested using a few test email addresses and all seems to work except for the 'clicked' option.

In each email I've sent to one of my test addresses, I have gone and clicked on the links but they are not showing up under the 'clicked' option. Have I missed something in setting the plugin up?

Have you enabled click tracking in your config file, as explained here?
http://docs.phplist.com/MessageTracking
Also, the emails that have gone through as text don't get counted as viewed, but I guess that is because they are text and not HTML.

Yes, that is correct for user tracking as phplist includes an invisible image in the message which will not be shown for a plain text message.
But if you enable click tracking as well as user tracking then a subscriber clicking a link in a text message or an HTML message will count as viewing the message.
duncanc

Postby muskat » 12:53pm, Sun 09 Jan, 2011

Thanks, that did it. I hadn't enabled it.
muskat
phpList newbie

Postby rjlando » 4:34pm, Thu 21 Apr, 2011

Where is de link to download the pluging? Thanks!
rjlando
phpList newbie

Postby duncanc » 5:27pm, Thu 21 Apr, 2011

rjlando wrote:Where is de link to download the pluging? Thanks!

See this post for the plugin viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35427
duncanc

Postby dom2319 » 8:29am, Wed 29 Jun, 2011

Here is the version of the dropdown message list that works.

Paste the following code from line 0 to the line that begin with:
if ($id) {
$notowner = TRUE;

Code: Select all
<hr><br />
<table border=0>
 <tr>
  <td width=250><h3>Open statistics by message</h3></td>
  <td>
<?php
if ($_POST["MsgList"]) {
 $id = $_POST["MsgList"];
}
?>
  </td>
 </tr>
</table>

<form  action='?page=openstats&id=&pi=statistics' method="POST">
<?php

$message = Sql_query("SELECT id,subject,sent FROM ".$tables["message"]);
echo '<select name="MsgList">'."\n";
echo ' <option>Message list</option>'."\n";

while ($field = mySql_fetch_array($message)) {
  $m_id = $field["id"];
  $m_subject = $field["subject"];
  $m_sent =$field["sent"];
  $selected = ($m_id == $id)?' selected="selected" ':' ';
  echo '<option value="'.$m_id.'">'.$m_id . " " . $m_subject . " (Sent " . $m_sent . ')</option>\n"';
}
echo '</select>'."\n";
echo '<br>';
echo '<input type="submit"/>'."\n";
?>
</form>

<?php
dom2319
phpList newbie

Previous

Return to Contributions: Plug-ins, Add-ons, Mods