[plugin: Mail2List] Send mail to your list via email client

3rd party code for phpList

How to automate mailtolist processing

Postby vbsql7 » 6:26pm, Wed 21 Dec, 2011

Thanks to these great forums, I have phpList running and the mailtolist plugin allows me to send an email to my list from an external source -- yay!

Now - I'd really like to automate these two manual steps within mailtolist:
A. Process New Mails (button)
B. Process Queue (button)

I found some info on using a Cron job (http://docs.phplist.com/CronJobExamples) to handle step B (process queue) but can someone help me figure out how to automate the movement of mailtolist new emails into the queue to be processed?

Thanks,
Michel
vbsql7
phpList newbie

Mailtolist - queue option unclear

Postby vbsql7 » 6:53pm, Wed 21 Dec, 2011

In the Mailtolist plugin, at the Edit List level, there is an option to "Queue messages sent to this address?" Yes/No.

I have tried it both ways and I'm still not clear how the software interprets this value.

Does 'Yes' mean to automatically run 'Process queue' for me (automation) or does it mean to delay (as in create a queue of) messages?

Thanks,
Michael
vbsql7
phpList newbie

Re: [plugin: Mail2List] Send mail to your list via email cli

Postby pdgrimm » 5:16am, Tue 06 Mar, 2012

Hey guys, I am trying to throttle email from one of my accounts using phplist and mail2list. I have got it working partway, but can't figure this out. When I hit process emails,
Processed message 1 of 1
No emails where sent to info@mydomain.com.

Info@mydomain.com is what I set up to send the blast email to. Any ideas on what I am overlooking? Thanks
pdgrimm
phpLister

Re: Mailtolist - queue option unclear

Postby pdgrimm » 9:43pm, Sun 25 Mar, 2012

vbsql7 wrote:In the Mailtolist plugin, at the Edit List level, there is an option to "Queue messages sent to this address?" Yes/No.

I have tried it both ways and I'm still not clear how the software interprets this value.

Does 'Yes' mean to automatically run 'Process queue' for me (automation) or does it mean to delay (as in create a queue of) messages?

Thanks,
Michael

Have you figured this out yet?
pdgrimm
phpLister

Re: Mailtolist - queue option unclear

Postby pdgrimm » 9:59pm, Sun 25 Mar, 2012

vbsql7 wrote:In the Mailtolist plugin, at the Edit List level, there is an option to "Queue messages sent to this address?" Yes/No.

Thanks,
Michael

Have you figured this out yet?
pdgrimm
phpLister

Postby pdgrimm » 10:01pm, Sun 25 Mar, 2012

pdgrimm wrote:Hey guys, I am trying to throttle email from one of my accounts using phplist and mail2list. I have got it working partway, but can't figure this out. When I hit process emails,
Processed message 1 of 1
No emails where sent to info@mydomain.com.

Info@mydomain.com is what I set up to send the blast email to. Any ideas on what I am overlooking? Thanks

Make sure you hit "process queue". I was learning from scratch, and didn't realize that either.
pdgrimm
phpLister

Postby jjc » 1:15am, Sat 14 Apr, 2012

@Vbsql7 about the crontab config:
I run two separate crontab commands. Here are the lines that I run, every 20 minutes:
------------------------

cd /s/pub_html/phplist && /s/pub_html/phplist/m2l_cron.php >>/s/pub_html/phplist/logs/phplist_m2list.log

/s/c/phplist/phplist -p processqueue >>/s/pub_html/phplist/logs/phplist_processQ.log

-------------------------

The first one is itself a double command, hence the && in the middle of it. Your path will be different, of course. The parts after the >> are just for logging purposes. If you don't want to log, you can send it to /dev/null (e.g. ">>/dev/null" or maybe even ">>/dev/null 2>&1"). (The logging is kind of unhelpful, though, as there are no time stamps, nor any line feeds in the file. So if you view it with anything but a web browser (it is HTML formatted) it is nearly impossible to read.)

-- J
jjc
PL Nut

Mail2List HTML email formatting

Postby varunv » 7:10pm, Mon 14 May, 2012

I am having some trouble with html emails I am sending through mail2list. The issues is number one I have stray chrachetes in a few places in the emails that get forwarded over through phplist and second all the images are not staying where they should be and have placeholders in their place. Then all the photos are directly at the bottom of the email. Please help and thanks ahead of time.
varunv
phpList newbie

Postby infomirben » 7:57am, Fri 18 May, 2012

The download link is broken. Can somebody post a working link?

Best regards
infomirben
phpList newbie

Postby Dragonrider » 10:23am, Fri 18 May, 2012

infomirben wrote:The download link is broken. Can somebody post a working link?

Best regards

Mail2list.zip

Mail2list Version2 zip

All of Sawey's downloads

Sawey's comments on the changes:
Since I'm not updating my website anymore, I've had trouble with keeping Wordpress up to dat.
Last week I got some XSS infection on the website and decided to stop hosting Wordpress and any other scripts on my server.
If you are looking for old scripts I wrote, have a look in the downloads directory, but since I don't have the time anymore, I cannot give support on these scripts.

I've also saved the two files to my webspace as a backup source so hopefully these do not get lost again.
mail2list and mail2list V2

I hope that this is acceptable to Sawey.
My sites:- http://wharfedalefestival.co.uk, http://ilkleygardeners.org.uk, http://emergencyaid.net, http://dragonrider.co.uk
Latest phpList version is now 3.0.12 (3 February 2015) and requires a minimum of MySQL 5.0 and PHP 5.3.x
Dragonrider

Postby ewhuberjr » 2:17am, Tue 22 May, 2012

I'm new to phplist and mail2list. Have read every posting in this thread -- all 14 pages of them, and don't see answers to some questions I have.

Can the incoming message to be distributed contain attachments and/or embedded JPG images (as an example)? If not, what happens when this situation occurs?

Has the problem of the subject being repeated as the first line been fixed?

Thanks.
ewhuberjr
phpList newbie

Postby soreilly » 10:08pm, Sat 29 Dec, 2012

I was also having a problem with blank messages being sent from outlook and did a little digging to find that messages in the phplist_message table that had failed, had no data in the message field.
So I edited the db_update_message function in get_email.class.php and it now appears to be working perfectly.

Hope this helps somebody else :)

Previous lines 560..562 of ..plugins/mail2list/get_email.class.php
Code: Select all
if($type == 'HTML') Sql_Query("UPDATE "  . $GLOBALS['table_prefix'] . "message SET message='".addslashes($msg)."', sendformat='".$this->sendformat."' WHERE ID= '".$this->newid."'");

if($type == 'PLAIN') Sql_Query("UPDATE "  . $GLOBALS['table_prefix'] . "message SET textmessage='".addslashes($msg)."', sendformat='".$this->sendformat."' WHERE ID= '".$this->newid."'");

I edited these two lines to populate both message and textmessage fields with the $msg data as...
if($type == 'HTML') Sql_Query("UPDATE "  . $GLOBALS['table_prefix'] . "message SET message='".addslashes($msg)."', textmessage='".addslashes($msg)."', sendformat='".$this->sendformat."' WHERE ID= '".$this->newid."'");

if($type == 'PLAIN') Sql_Query("UPDATE "  . $GLOBALS['table_prefix'] . "message SET message='".addslashes($msg)."', textmessage='".addslashes($msg)."', sendformat='".$this->sendformat."' WHERE ID= '".$this->newid."'");

Hope this helps somebody else :)
soreilly
phpList newbie

Postby stephenmahood » 2:18am, Thu 17 Jan, 2013

Does anyone know if this plugin works with PHP 5.3 and above, cause my host has just upgraded to this, and although the plugin runs with the cron fine. I am receiving the following error:

PHP Deprecated: Comments starting with '#' are deprecated in /usr/local/lib/php.ini
on line 210 in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: pdo_mysql: Unable to initialize module
Module compiled with module API=20060613
PHP compiled with module API=20090626
These options need to match
in Unknown on line 0

The process queue cron job error also gets this message but runs correctly, however the mail2list plugin does import the email from the email address correctly, when the queue is processed there is nothing to be processed. The message would normally have been queued by mail2list cron and sent by the process cron. This has been working fine for months.

It seems that the message is entered into the database correctly however the modified attribute has a date and time older than the message, I don't know if this has any effect sending out the message?

Any help with this?

Thanks

Stephen
stephenmahood
phpList newbie

Postby soreilly » 9:04pm, Fri 19 Apr, 2013

I'm hoping someone can help me with this one, an old debian/php bug in imap appears to be causing a problem in my shared host setup. see
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=478193

I'm getting Unable to create selectable TCP socket (1945 >= 1024) when I click "Process New mails" but here is the bit that is confusing me....
Bounce Processing works perfectly!

I have even modified the code in get-email-class.php to be similar to processbounces.php which also retrieves email from the same server but to no avail... . same error!

Here is the my code...
$link = e_connect($popaccounts[$i]['host'], $popaccounts[$i]['port'], $popaccounts[$i]['login'], $popaccounts[$i]['pass']);

$status = linkcheck($link);

$full_page .= "<br />Status of POP.3 connection: <font color='red'><b>" . $status . "</b><br />" . "</font><br /><br />";

function e_connect($server, $port, $user, $password) {
    if (!$port) {
        $port = '110/pop3/notls';
    }
    set_time_limit(6000);

if (!TEST) {
        $link = imap_open("{" . $server . "}INBOX", $user, $password, CL_EXPUNGE);
    } else {
        $link = imap_open("{" . $server . "}INBOX", $user, $password);
    }
        return($link);
}

function linkcheck($link) {
    if (!$link) {
        $status = imap_last_error();
    } else {
        $status = "Connected:";
    }
    return($status);
}

I've been wrecking my head over this for weeks now and am at the end of my wits.

My hosting provider is using php 5.2.17-standard log
I have phpList 2.10.19

I know my coding is rusty like the rest of my grey matter so I'd love a hand with this please..
soreilly
phpList newbie

Postby legionofsuperheroes » 8:40pm, Sun 05 May, 2013

adriano88 wrote:
    ALTER TABLE `phplist_mail2list_allowsend` CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET  utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci
    ALTER TABLE `phplist_mail2list_list` CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci
    ALTER TABLE `phplist_mail2list_popaccounts` CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci

Hi, tried to change in all the 3 mysql tables of mail2list the charset to utf 8 first and then also latin_7_ci

using the same solution in phplist I can send emails from the internal editor with italian characters, however I can't send them via outlook because mail2list somehow doesn't interpret them..

any other ideas?

I had this same problem, but I did not alter the table.
Instead I changed the line in get_email_class.php as follows:
$configPurifier->set('Core.Encoding', 'ISO-8859-1'); // replace with your encoding

to

$configPurifier->set('Core.Encoding', 'UTF-8');//ISO-8859-1'); // replace with your encoding

Now inserting Maltese characters in an email works properly. (Previously it would replace characters by a question mark in a diamond character)
legionofsuperheroes
phpList newbie

PreviousNext

Return to Contributions: Plug-ins, Add-ons, Mods