How to mass delete users from list

Questions about phpList features (the answer is probably 'Yes!')
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation. This is for Version 2 of phpList (the orange one).

How to mass delete users from list

Postby add1ct1v3 » 7:11am, Mon 19 Aug, 2013

Hello,

Some of the people receiving our newsletter can't bother to click the unsubscribe link. I've been away for 2 weeks and now I have 1000+ users to remove. Is there a way to remove all at once ? Thanks.
add1ct1v3
phpList newbie

Re: How to mass delete users from list

Postby Cornwell » 10:58am, Mon 19 Aug, 2013

Looking at the new version 3, log in and go to
Code: Select all
http://yourdomainhere/lists/admin/?page=massunconfirm
and paste your list in there (this is reached via the Suppression List link in the navigation. The same page is reached in version 2 via Manage Users > Mass unconfirm.

If you actually want to get rid of these users from your database, the easiest way would be to run a database query to massively increase their bounce count, then use the facility to delete users with more than 15 bounces.
Cornwell
PL Geek

Postby add1ct1v3 » 11:48am, Mon 19 Aug, 2013

It worked! Thanks a lot.
add1ct1v3
phpList newbie

Postby CommunityEdSvc » 7:44pm, Mon 30 Jun, 2014

I am wanting to Mass Unconfirm our whole distribution list using version 2.10.5.
I am being asked to paste the emails into a box. How can I directly import the whole distribution list to this box? I have used the export users function and a spreadsheet was generated with emails BUT also with what mailings they chose to receive....I would like to separate the emails from the rest of the line, but i don't know how. They look like this:
bobbjojo@ddrcc.com Newsletter telehealth/video-conference sessions Mental Health Sessions Child Health Sessions ECHC

I don't want to have to manually go through 11000plus lines...can anyone help?

Thanks,
CommunityEdSvc
phpList newbie

Return to Does phpList do this?