delete a campaign

Questions about Version 3 phpList features (the answer is probably 'Yes!')
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation.

delete a campaign

Postby jenpen » 11:52pm, Sun 25 Aug, 2013

How do you delete a campaign in V3? Can't see it on the List of Campaigns.
jenpen
PL Geek

Re: delete a campaign

Postby Sven2157 » 12:44am, Mon 26 Aug, 2013

Go to 'List of campaigns', under menu item 'Campaigns'. Then select DRAFT from the dropdown list. When the page refreshes, just delete the draft.

Hope that helps! :wink:

Sven2157
Sven2157
PL Master

Postby jenpen » 5:28am, Mon 26 Aug, 2013

Thanks but the one I want to delete is not in drafts, it's in Sent. I'm having another problem, don't know if it's related, which means that it got "sent" but only to 7 addresses out of 900. And I've spent so much time trying to get it sent properly that it's now out of date and I don't want to send it at all.

But there's no delete option on Sent campaigns. In V2 you could delete any of them.
jenpen
PL Geek

Postby Sven2157 » 6:34am, Mon 26 Aug, 2013

jenpen wrote:Thanks but the one I want to delete is not in drafts, it's in Sent. I'm having another problem, don't know if it's related, which means that it got "sent" but only to 7 addresses out of 900. And I've spent so much time trying to get it sent properly that it's now out of date and I don't want to send it at all.

But there's no delete option on Sent campaigns. In V2 you could delete any of them.

Do you get the message that there is a message in the Queue? If so, go there and click the 'SUSPEND' button( Image ).

Now you have a couple options: you can click the 'MARK AS SENT' button( Image ) or the 'EDIT' button( Image ).

If you hit the 'MARK AS SENT' button( Image ), it stops the message from continuing in the process queue, and make the message appear as though it went out normally.

If you hit the 'EDIT' button( Image ), you can then click 'SAVE AS DRAFT'; to which you can then DELETE the message from the Database completely on the 'LIST OF CAMPAIGNS > DRAFT' page.

---

As for your 7 messages going out, out of 900 - sounds like you are trying to process too many at once, and your web server is timing out/500'ing. Try setting your 'BATCH SIZE' lower. My client has about 1100 subscribers, and I have it set to send 100 emails, after waiting 10 seconds between sends.

Each send ranges between 12 and 40 seconds ... then the 10 seconds it waits:
Code: Select all
# define the amount of emails you want to send per period. If 0, batch processing
# is disabled and messages are sent out as fast as possible
define("MAILQUEUE_BATCH_SIZE",100);

# define the length of one batch processing period, in seconds (3600 is an hour)
define("MAILQUEUE_BATCH_PERIOD",10);

Hope that helps! :wink:

Sven2157
Sven2157
PL Master

Postby jenpen » 7:31am, Mon 26 Aug, 2013

Sven, re deleting the campaign, it's not suspended, it just says Sent, and "Time to send: very little time" as it only sent 7. So there's no suspend button and I can't click "mark as sent" etc.

But re the Batch size issue, thanks, I'll try that.
jenpen
PL Geek

Postby AlanGeorge » 2:00pm, Mon 26 Aug, 2013

Hi Jenpen

suggest you look at the following post which may solve your problem of deleting a Sent Campaign.

http://forums.phplist.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=39463

Hope this helps

Regards

Alan
AlanGeorge
PL Geek

Postby jenpen » 7:25am, Tue 27 Aug, 2013

Yes! Thanks, all fixed. :D
jenpen
PL Geek

Return to Does phpList do this?