Send More than One Message At a Time

Questions about Version 3 phpList features (the answer is probably 'Yes!')
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation.

Send More than One Message At a Time

Postby trs » 1:21pm, Fri 13 Dec, 2013

Hi,

I'd like to send two messages to two different lists at the same time.
The reason is because there are a lot of subscribers in each list, so it takes several days to process each message and I do not want to wait until the first message is sent out to start sending the other.

I set it up with version 2.10.19 but it doesn't work.
see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=39670

Is there a round-robin processing feature added in version 3 ?

Thanks for your replies.
trs
phpList newbie

Re: Send More than One Message At a Time

Postby danwaterloo » 10:49pm, Thu 16 Jan, 2014

The short answer is "No".

The decision logic in the sending portion of phplist looks at the active messages, and sends as many as is allowed in the current time period to the message that was entered earliest. Once it runs out of user email addresses to send for that message, it will go to the now 'oldest' message and start sending that. and so forth...

About the only way to get around this is to use a separate database for each message. (which means difference config files). also, if you think about it, if it starts sending the second message, and is only sending X emails per hour, and that is shared between two emails, then each email would go out at 1/2 the rate, or .5X messages per email, per hour.

It would be useful to have a "emails per message per hour" setting, that way if your sending at below the capacity of the system, it could send multiple messages per hour. I don't think this is currently the case. Maybe someone can let me know if they got it to work?
danwaterloo
PL Master

Return to Does phpList do this?