[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3893)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3893)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4761: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3893)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3893)
phplist forums • View topic - 1and1 help please!!

1and1 help please!!

Questions & Problems about Installing or Upgrading Version 2 phpList
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation. This is for Version 2 of phpList (the orange one).

1and1 help please!!

Postby Hays28 » 7:52pm, Sat 17 Oct, 2009

I've uploaded the /lists folder (and contents) to my 1and1 root directory via FTP. I created a MySQL database through the 1and1 control panel. I need to know how to correctly modify the config.php file (below). When I use "localhost" as the $database_host, I get the message "Fatal Error: Cannot connect to database, Sql server is not running. Please contact the administrator" when I try to connect to the /lists or /lists/admin via the internet and when I use "db5555.perfora.net" as the $database_host, I get the message "Cannot connect to Database, please check your configuration". The database name, user, and password I'm using are from 1and1 when I created the MySQL database from within the 1and1 control panel. Help!...

# what is your Mysql database server
$database_host = "localhost";

# what is the name of the database we are using
$database_name = "db555555555";

# who do we log in as?
$database_user = "dbo555555555";

# and what password do we use
$database_password = 'password';
Hays28
phpList newbie

Re: 1and1 help please!!

Postby Dragonrider » 6:04am, Sun 18 Oct, 2009

Looking at the (UK) , that suggests that you look at your MySQL admin link, and you would use the format of:-

# what is your Mysql database server
$database_host = "dbxxx.oneandone.co.uk"; //Where xxx is the three digit number shown on your adminlink

# what is the name of the database we are using
$database_name = "dbo123456789"; //Can be 8 or 9 digits long

# who do we log in as?
$database_user = "dbo123456789";

# and what password do we use
$database_password = 'password';

But have a look at your own database settings to get your own valid settings
My sites:- http://wharfedalefestival.co.uk, http://ilkleygardeners.org.uk, http://emergencyaid.net, http://dragonrider.co.uk
version is now 3.0.12 (3 February 2015) and requires a minimum of MySQL 5.0 and PHP 5.3.x
Dragonrider

Postby Hays28 » 5:34pm, Sun 18 Oct, 2009

Okay, that's how I did it. My host line is slightly different ("db1234.perfora.net"), but otherwise the lines are the same. I've tried moving the Lists folder to other locations on the server (via FTP), but I still get the same messages. Do I need to install the files via SSH instead? I transferred the Lists folder (and contents) from my C: drive via Wise-FTP after I extracted the phplist download file. Then, from within Wise-FTP, I modified the config.php file using an internal editor. Is the FTP upload method treated any differently than if I had used SSH? I forgot to mention previously that I have a 1&1 Linux webhosting account.

So now, when I go to the internet, type in the web address followed by /lists or /lists/admin/, I get the same message "Cannot connect to Database, please check your configuration". Any thoughts?...
Hays28
phpList newbie

Postby Dragonrider » 6:13pm, Sun 18 Oct, 2009

My sites:- http://wharfedalefestival.co.uk, http://ilkleygardeners.org.uk, http://emergencyaid.net, http://dragonrider.co.uk
version is now 3.0.12 (3 February 2015) and requires a minimum of MySQL 5.0 and PHP 5.3.x
Dragonrider

Postby Hays28 » 8:42pm, Sun 18 Oct, 2009

Thanks for your help!... You were spot on, there was a (user) error on my part in the config.php file. The db host was not keyed in correctly (two numbers reversed). So now I can confirm that the use of FTP to upload the lists folder worked fine and I've sent a test e-mail to myself already. Thanks again! Cheers.
Hays28
phpList newbie

Return to Installing & Upgrading