[plugin] Display message open statistics

3rd party code for phpList

[plugin] Display message open statistics

Postby pdbrett » 12:50pm, Tue 06 Apr, 2004

For those who want to replace the current plugins with something more useful... :)

I have developed a plugin that gives open & bounce statistics for a message. Also shows you exactly who has viewed the message (and who hasn't...as far as it's possible to tell). It only works for HTML messages - it's not possible to know who opened text messages.

To enable open statistics you need to put the placeholder [USERTRACK] somewhere in your HTML message. A good idea is to put it in your default message footer via the configure page. See this topic.

Installation
Download the plugin as a zip file here.

To install, delete all the current contents of lists/admin/plugins. Unzip the plugins.zip file, being careful to keep the directory structure intact & copy all the files to lists/admin/plugins. That's it.

You will need to know the message id for the message you want info on. You can get this from the "messages" page - click "view" on the message you're interested in. If you're feeling brave you can download a modified version of lists/admin/messages.php here in zip form. This displays a link to the correct statistics directly next to the message.

Hope this is useful. If anyone improves it, please post the improvements here. Hopefully it will be superseded by a native stats module sometime in the future.
Last edited by pdbrett on 7:42am, Thu 08 Apr, 2004, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Brett
pdbrett
PL Geek

Tiny Change...

Postby rdbartz » 8:29am, Sun 23 May, 2004

Paul,

Thank you for a very helpful contribution. While it doesn't give total openings (some plain text and since some people disconnect from the internet before they read your HTML mail), it still is very nice to have these stats.

One minor change to your code in admin/messages.php enables the admin to go directly to a message's stats page, which I found more convenient than stepping through the main statistics page:

In the modified messages.php from messages.zip (available in this thread), change line 159-160:

# add following line to go directly to stats page 26/03/04
PageLink2("main","Stats","&pi=statistics&id=".$msg["id"]),

to read:

# add following line to go directly to stats page 26/03/04
PageLink2("openstats","Stats","&pi=statistics&id=".$msg["id"]),

From then on, a click on "stats" on any message in the messages list will open the stats page for that message without having to go through the main statistic page.

Thanks again for a very nice plugin that ought to go in the main distribution.
rdbartz
phpLister

Postby wilfy » 10:04am, Fri 26 Nov, 2004

hi guys

followed inststuctions to a tee... but i get "openstats -> Sorry not Implemented yet" when i click on the stats open in the 'messages' are. have added [usertrack] etc and the tracking seems to work but it would be nice to see who is opening them :lol: big brother and all that malarky!

cheers
wilfy
phpList newbie

Sorry not Implemented yet

Postby abaykamau » 10:48am, Tue 30 Nov, 2004

Received this after installing the plugin and modifying the code. Is there something additional that should be done?

Additionally, when modifying the code, you lose the tabs in the "message" option.

Finally, the plugin link does not appear to be present in v2.9.3, any thoughts of where to edit the code to show the link once again? Thanks.
abaykamau
PL Geek

Postby panthergrl » 12:11am, Mon 10 Jan, 2005

Hi,

I know this is a little late, but hopefully it helps someone. If you want to see the plugins, do this:

1. Open up config/config.php
2. Go to LINE 417 :

# define("PLUGIN_ROOTDIR","plugins");

and uncomment the line (remove the #).

3. Save the file and replace it with the one on your server.

When you go to your Admin main page, you should now see links to your plugins.

I hope this helps.
panthergrl
phpList newbie

Postby mdj1 » 4:12pm, Wed 27 Apr, 2005

Hi There,

Im getting the following error when I view the stats.

Database error 1146 Table 'XXXXXXdb.phplist_usermessage' doesn't exist

Whay hasnt this table been created?
mdj1
phpLister

Updated the statistics fixes table errors.

Postby tennr » 5:46pm, Tue 26 Jul, 2005

The problem with this plugin by default is that is does not use the table prefix's. So if you use a prefix other than the default it will not work... this update pulls the correct prefix from the general config. This is for 2.8.12

--Aaron
Attachments
statistics_plugin.rar
extract to your plug-ins directory
(2.04 KiB) Downloaded 2140 times
tennr
phpList newbie

Postby Shortpockets » 10:20pm, Sun 31 Jul, 2005

I think this mod is great. I was wondering if some one could help me out the PHP code. I am new to php and have not figured everything out yet.

This current mod has the headings of:

Message Id
User Id
Viewed
Email

I would like to add two of my user attributes. I am currently using First Name and Last Name. I would like the table to look like the following:

Message Id
User Id
Viewed
Email
First Name
Last Name

Any help with the coding would be greatly appreciated.
I do have some gmail invites to give to the person that helps with this. Just a little incentive.
Shortpockets
phpList newbie

Problem with this plugin

Postby webdizzy » 3:08pm, Mon 01 Aug, 2005

I installed this plugin as instructed and also am using the modified messages.php file. The "stats" link shows up on the messages page, but when I click on it I get:

"openstats -> Sorry this page was not found in the plugin".

The openstats.php file is in the defaultplugin folder of my plugins folder.

Any ideas on what the problem is?

Thanks!
webdizzy
phpList newbie

Postby imz » 1:52pm, Mon 20 Feb, 2006

hi ppl

followed inststuctions... but i get "openstats -> Sorry not Implemented yet" wen i click on the stats link in messages view....

ny suggestions please..
imz
phpLister

Postby aurelien » 9:12am, Wed 22 Mar, 2006

imz wrote:hi ppl

followed inststuctions... but i get "openstats -> Sorry not Implemented yet" wen i click on the stats link in messages view....

ny suggestions please..

Hi,

For this kind of problem, you just have to see the post of panthergrl.
Open config/config.php.

Find the line "# define("PLUGIN_ROOTDIR","plugins");"

If it's commented decomment it or if it's not "plugins" value for PLUGIN_ROOTDIR constant, change it.

After you may have the "Database error 1146 Table 'XXXXXXdb.phplist_usermessage' doesn't exist " problem so take the plugin propose by tennr.

Bye
Aurelien
aurelien
phpLister

Postby uzzz » 10:12pm, Thu 30 Mar, 2006

Shortpockets wrote:I think this mod is great. I was wondering if some one could help me out the PHP code. I am new to php and have not figured everything out yet.

This current mod has the headings of:

Message Id
User Id
Viewed
Email

I would like to add two of my user attributes. I am currently using First Name and Last Name. I would like the table to look like the following:

Message Id
User Id
Viewed
Email
First Name
Last Name

Any help with the coding would be greatly appreciated.
I do have some gmail invites to give to the person that helps with this. Just a little incentive.

Hello, was wondering if anyone has a nice looking statistics page that they use for clients? Example?

Thanks, willing to pay for this info 8)
uzzz
phpLister

Postby chrisirmo » 3:49pm, Tue 01 Aug, 2006

Anyone have a current link for the plugin? ahead4business seems to be out of business.
chrisirmo
phpList newbie

Download link

Postby H2B2 » 10:23am, Thu 10 Aug, 2006

chrisirmo wrote:Anyone have a current link for the plugin? ahead4business seems to be out of business.

Did you try downloading the plugin from this post? You have to sign in on this board to be able to see the download link.
H2B2

Instalation Guide

Postby maquido » 8:03pm, Tue 12 Sep, 2006

Im downloading the plugin but,

You have an instalation guide?
It works with version 2.10.2?

Thanks
maquido
phpLister

Next

Return to Contributions: Plug-ins, Add-ons, Mods